IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

3 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Desperate stuff from the news conference.

Cotts .... 'most of our dealings will be towards the end of the January'. We will be well adrift by then pal. 

'We can't compete with the big boys'. So its taken you nearly a year to work out the blindingly obvious. 

Our league position counts against us. Yes, well why didn't you do anything in the loan window, after the summer debacle, to improve things? 

Beginning to lose faith. 

As i (and many others) predicted, a carbon copy of the quotes from the summer. No doubt to be closely followed by "the loan window opens in a week" 

I don't expect us to throw stupid amounts of cash around like some fans do, nor do i think that every player is clambering to play for us, but lets at least learn from the debacle of the summer. We have to be proactive and find a way around these issues not just repeat the same mistakes. 

Hopefully all will come good and we will wonder what we were worried about. Looking bleak though.

Becchio is presumably as they are reasonably close to Leeds, as with all the speculation and hype, time will tell if they are gems or duds. With our signing, if we had signed a guy with a 1in 6 goal ratio from lower League 2/ top Conference we'd be expecting little, so quite why we expect a lot from French level 3 escapes me. Not criticising, just offering a fair comparison. 

My boss supports Bournemouth, he was underwhelmed by the signing of Kermogent (another JK), but grew to really rate him as a good Championship striker, Bug risk there is that Charlton come in for him and he returns there.

The deals will probably be late as players keep options open as I guess we are not the favoured destination. 

On 6 January 2016 at 19:52, hodge said:

I'd expect so too, would depend how Bent would feel from a team at the top of the table to one in the drop zone. I still think going after Bradshaw would be a good shot, the lad has a 1 in 2 rate for Walsall, age and potential on his side. Apparently the stint he had at Loughborough over the summer has helped with his hamstring, he's lighter and faster as well. 

Maybe, but as much as we think he's in demand we have a player that apart from prem league clubs has been approached by even the big 2 in Scotland.

Yet he is not good enoug.hnfork at SC.

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Forgot to add, the Gillingham defender, John Egan, has looked decent as well. Looked him up, only 23 years of age.

I know it's dangerous to judge a player after 60 mins watching of TV but would hope we are looking at these players.

I've seen Egan numerous times.  He's good.  Gillingham have a decent squad there.  Dack is excellent.  Dominic Samuel on loan from Reading is another I've had an eye on for a while.  Did well on loan at Cov last year after suffering some injuries.  I'd love us to be interested in someone like him.  They've also got Ryan Jackson at right back, who I would have wanted to pick up when he was just across the bridge at Newport.  Plus Rory Donnelly who they picked up from Swansea in the summer, always liked him too.
Decent squad.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I've seen Egan numerous times.  He's good.  Gillingham have a decent squad there.  Dack is excellent.  Dominic Samuel on loan from Reading is another I've had an eye on for a while.  Did well on loan at Cov last year after suffering some injuries.  I'd love us to be interested in someone like him.  They've also got Ryan Jackson at right back, who I would have wanted to pick up when he was just across the bridge at Newport.  Plus Rory Donnelly who they picked up from Swansea in the summer, always liked him too.
Decent squad.

Think we've all seen Gillingham numerous times..

3 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Think we've all seen Gillingham numerous times..

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Decent squad.

Lets just get Justin Edinburgh 

7 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I've heard from a Crawley mate that were in for Oldham's Rhys Murphy.

Represented England at U17 and U19 I think.

Discussed with 2 Oldham supporting mates all gone full circle on him since his return from Crawley they've said,

"Came to us last year. Had been injured for a year and clearly not fully fit. Played him up front on his own and looked like the worst footballer I've ever seen. Before his injury had been touted for a championship move. 

We sent him out on loan to Crawley and he scored 9 in 15. We got him back and he's scored 2 in 2 being played off the main striker. 

Really good movement. Not the quickest but he's sharp and has a good awareness. Not sure if he's championship standard but he does look a different player now and can see why people fussed over him!!" 

And 

not the quickest, movement excellent, finishing very good, decision making - must improve. Don't want him to leave now.

46 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

Discussed with 2 Oldham supporting mates all gone full circle on him since his return from Crawley they've said,

"Came to us last year. Had been injured for a year and clearly not fully fit. Played him up front on his own and looked like the worst footballer I've ever seen. Before his injury had been touted for a championship move. 

We sent him out on loan to Crawley and he scored 9 in 15. We got him back and he's scored 2 in 2 being played off the main striker. 

Really good movement. Not the quickest but he's sharp and has a good awareness. Not sure if he's championship standard but he does look a different player now and can see why people fussed over him!!" 

And 

not the quickest, movement excellent, finishing very good, decision making - must improve. Don't want him to leave now.

Sounds like he might be worth a punt.

Jed Wallace to Millwall on loan. Would've liked to have seen us try and get him in the summer. Sky saying standby for MK dons signing. Seems they aren't waiting for the "cycle" to start. They had a target and got their guy. You can do business early! Regardless of whether we think it's a good signing or not it shows that business can be done early for smaller teams. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Jed Wallace to Millwall on loan. Would've liked to have seen us try and get him in the summer. Sky saying standby for MK dons signing. Seems they aren't waiting for the "cycle" to start. They had a target and got their guy. You can do business early! Regardless of whether we think it's a good signing or not it shows that business can be done early for smaller teams. 

Yeah  .... remember that season we did all our summer business really early ?    Pretty much the whole squad were assembled and shipped out to Africa for training.

Ah the good ole days

21 minutes ago, Soul_Trader said:

Yeah  .... remember that season we did all our summer business really early ?    Pretty much the whole squad were assembled and shipped out to Africa for training.

Ah the good ole days

If things don't change next year we will be very attractive .

A big club in the third division with a 27000 seater stadium . We should be able to buy whomever we want for our promotion push ( which normally ends up with play off failure ) .

31 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Jake Forster Caskey to MK on loan for the season. Very good player and a central mid. Once again, they knew who they wanted and got him. 

He was already there on loan, he wasn't needed by Brighton. 

You really don't understand how the cycle works do you.

40 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Jed Wallace to Millwall on loan. Would've liked to have seen us try and get him in the summer.

We did.

Wolves offered him far more in wages than we did.

Seeing as like so many they sign they are now sending him out on loan I wonder if they still think it was a good move for them?

17 hours ago, Selred said:
1 hour ago, Kingswood Village said:

Twitter rumour from Derby fan that Darren bent may be heading our way on loan if agreement on wages can be reached...

Imagine how much Bent would cost, then picture all the goals he's scored in the last 2 to 3 seasons - hang on, I think I've found the problem here.....

I do love me a bit of twitter, but I'm pretty sure that Derby fan is talking bollocks

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

He was already there on loan, he wasn't needed by Brighton. 

You really don't understand how the cycle works do you.

He was there at MK. He went back in October. 

You don't understand Google do you? 

He was available for anyone. He was a target and he was snatched up. Poyet has his loan ended and was back on loan to Charlton within 24 hours. Callum Robinson was sent back and within 2 days was at Preston. All clubs around us able to identify a target and get him quickly. Why isn't Bristol City doing this? Still HOPING we can attract bigger? Good luck, it worked well in the summer. 

Archived