IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

3 minutes ago, swindon fan said:

Ajose scores goals - does precious little else. Couple of 3 yarders  yesterday. Good finisher, though.

Something strange about the El Abd departure. Can't put me finger on it.

If we're taking anyone from Swindon in exchange for El-Abd then it should be Kasim. 

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

In fairness he'd have been very young at Posh when they were in the champ. 

I think your statement is harsh to say the least. 

You may think that. But I feel we should be going for a bit better than that, not saying every target has to be worth millions, as that's clearly not worked, just maybe a higher level than him.

Macheda and Ajose both at Manu as youngsters.

Part of the problem is the Billy big bollox syndrome that we see with loads of young ex prem kids, that have been spoilt and cosseted, I suppose it's all down to how a manager handles them and tries to remind them that money isn't everything and sooner or later no matter how good they are nobody wants you anymore.

in the case of Macheda probably dined far too long on that debut goal, needs to be reminded of that.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Macheda and Ajose both at Manu as youngsters.

Part of the problem is the Billy big bollox syndrome that we see with loads of young ex prem kids, that have been spoilt and cosseted, I suppose it's all down to how a manager handles them and tries to remind them that money isn't everything and sooner or later no matter how good they are nobody wants you anymore.

in the case of Macheda probably dined far too long on that debut goal, needs to be reminded of that.

Any manager handling Billy big bollox could find himself in a bit of hot water.

22 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

At least Roger is acknowledging that he needs assistance to perform this act and not bragging that he can do it to himself.

It could be that he can't reach the end because it's too far away lengthwise.

Now we have FINALLY switched to a sensible formation hopefully the recruitment focus will switch to the key position we actually need to fill - LB.  Wouldn't mind Moxey from Bolton or that LB from Preston, he looked pretty useful :shutup:

We could also do with some decent cover/ competition for Pack and Smith, both have been execllent IMO this season but if one or dare I say it both got injured we'd be screwed!   Waggy could do a job there short term but IMO we need better options! 

13 minutes ago, Fishponds_Red said:

Now we have FINALLY switched to a sensible formation hopefully the recruitment focus will switch to the key position we actually need to fill - LB.  Wouldn't mind Moxey from Bolton or that LB from Preston, he looked pretty useful :shutup:

We could also do with some decent cover/ competition for Pack and Smith, both have been execllent IMO this season but if one or dare I say it both got injured we'd be screwed!   Waggy could do a job there short term but IMO we need better options! 

See the Rhoys Wiggins thread as it looks like we are trying to address it.

19 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Question has to be asked then why has he only managed 43 starts in all of those games ?

This smacks of signing a "name" rather than a player better/different than we already have. Much rather see Burns be given a run of games and save on his (probable) hefty wages.

Interesting to see how much each minute Macheda has actually managed to be on the pitch has cost his numerous clubs ?

Not happy with Macheda cause of a lack of starts yet want Burns to play who has started 2 league games, been a sub in 40.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Reece Oxford been made available for loan. Cheap wages too. Can play centre half or in midfield. Guess problem is guaranteeing him minutes but would be a good player to have for cover.

a 17 year old into the middle of a relegation battle? Wow you must have a high opinion of him......

16 hours ago, Healeyred96 said:

If we stick with playing this 4-3-3 under pembo or the new manager than we should be looking out

Left Back Center mid left mid/cam striker

I don't argue with the players required, I would say that I think the 'boro commentator was more correct in identifying our formation as 4-1-4-1, but it was pretty fluid with even Pack sometimes being furthest forward of the midfielders.

1 minute ago, Alex#40 said:

Up at #BristolCity. John Pemberton says he's been talking to potential signings including someone who hopes to be at this summer's Euros.

Lafferty perhaps? He's been mentioned elsewhere on this thread. Think he'd be a good signing, can't imagine there won't be competition

1 minute ago, chipdawg said:

Lafferty perhaps? He's been mentioned elsewhere on this thread. Think he'd be a good signing, can't imagine there won't be competition

My reaction was surely everyone hopes to be at the Euros so not too much to go on but being logical someone like Lafferty or a Welshmen would be a reasonable guess.

Archived