IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

3 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Watford also interested. Potentially interesting idea here, Granada could buy him for peanuts as he's almost out of contract, circumventing a tribunal and then sell him to Watford. Both clubs owned by the Pozzo family.

Isn't the development compensation a Fifa rule....if Grenada can get around it, would suspect lots of tie-ins with Spanish clubs, owned by same people or not.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Isn't the development compensation a Fifa rule....if Grenada can get around it, would suspect lots of tie-ins with Spanish clubs, owned by same people or not.

There was a comment suggesting this in an article by The Independent. 

I think there is some difference in the way you can approach a player based in the UK versus other EU countries, although that's based on this article and my experience of the FM transfer rules! 

4 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

There was a comment suggesting this in an article by The Independent. 

I think there is some difference in the way you can approach a player based in the UK versus other EU countries, although that's based on this article and my experience of the FM transfer rules! 

I know a foreign club can approach on pre-contract 6 months before contract runs out....but surprised re compensation.

The rules are hard to figure out.

If Thomas Partey has signed, then he looks to fit the bill. Though he's been playing for Atletico recently so doubt it is true.

A big, athletic and strong African.

We need about 4 of them throughout the team. Energy, pace and power!!

A Mo Diame type player would make the world of difference to our team.

15 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I really want to believe you...

However, if this is not true there should be some sort of punishment, close to the death penalty!

A little bit harsh?  Perhaps just some mild waterboarding?  @kachina can hold the board.

This extract, from an article dated January 2016, would suggest that Thomas Teye Partey is the most unlikely signing we're ever likely to see...

"Thomas Partey is Atlético Madrid's new hero. Without much fanfare, he has cemented a role in Diego Simeone's system following Tiago's injury and in the last couple of weeks he has been pivotal in the club's rise back to the summit.

Partey has had to battle every step of the way on his own road to the top and will not relinquish his new-found status without a fight."

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This extract, from an article dated January 2016, would suggest that Thomas Teye Partey is the most unlikely signing we're ever likely to see...

"Thomas Partey is Atlético Madrid's new hero. Without much fanfare, he has cemented a role in Diego Simeone's system following Tiago's injury and in the last couple of weeks he has been pivotal in the club's rise back to the summit.

Partey has had to battle every step of the way on his own road to the top and will not relinquish his new-found status without a fight."

Sounds like Thiago may find it difficult to get back into the team, perhaps we should go for him instead.

24 minutes ago, BS3bastard said:

Regarding an incoming player, as much as I can reveal. My source won't be happy with me sharing this.

R.e. He's gone to QPR/Burnley/ any other club "this one just didn't come off for us for one reason or another. We have a couple of irons in the fire but they're dependent on other deals taking place"...

Archived