IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

9 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

I still think there is some hope with Matt Smith. He enjoyed his time at AG, fitted in well, played well and interestingly Fulham loaned in another striker today. Wouldn't be surprised if he has asked for the move himself !

For me personally he doesn't fit in with our new style of play. If we were playing two up top then yes. We need someone who can run in behind and stretch a back line , Matt Smith is a good player but doesn't do that type of role 

At the beginning of today, we were informed via Bristol Post that Mark Ashton was working on deals for a striker and midfielder, so have these deals fallen by the wayside or not.

It would seem strange if, having not scored in three games, that a new striker does not arrive today. Still hoping.

8 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Our season does not end today, we have already made some good signings this month. Yes we need a striker, but then everyone in every league does too, and you risk being last in line when you are in the relegation zone. We need JK back scoring with confidence and if Tomlin can get a few, the world will seem brighter. Its clear though that we need to start winning games asap, stating the obvious, and Saturday is very important for that. With the players we now have, we should not be talking relegation. 

Indeed.  And, on the upside, Pemberton's post-match interview was encouraging.  It sounds like we're working on attacking movement so hopefully that will bring rewards.  We know that Kodjia can score and Agard's shown in the past he can too.  Whilst last season we were getting goals from all over the shop.  We're a league higher than we were but a bit of confidence and improved movement and, if we can keep our defensive record tight, it could yet all come good in the end...

5 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Our season does not end today, we have already made some good signings this month. Yes we need a striker, but then everyone in every league does too, and you risk being last in line when you are in the relegation zone. We need JK back scoring with confidence and if Tomlin can get a few, the world will seem brighter. Its clear though that we need to start winning games asap, stating the obvious, and Saturday is very important for that. With the players we now have, we should not be talking relegation. 

Last 9 league games would suggest that our need for strikers is just a little bit greater than others... particularly given the number of chances created. 

The season may not end today but if we don't sign two strikers, the fat lady is preparing to sing for us. It's 3 from 5 for relegation and the other 4 are scoring. We aren't scoring or looking remotely like we can with any consistency. The consequence of not finding some in-form strikers - even from Exeter City (which I assume is the same level that we bought in our French stars) - is clear to me. 

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

The good news is that the website posted an interview with Pembo regarding the signing of ROD. There is no comment from him ruling out further transfers so hopefully there are other deals potentially in the pipeline?

I reckon we can safely the say the club are trying to get players in by 11pm today.  The problem is whether or not they succeed...

6 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Last 9 league games would suggest that our need for strikers is just a little bit greater than others... particularly given the number of chances created. 

The season may not end today but if we don't sign two strikers, the fat lady is preparing to sing for us. It's 3 from 5 for relegation and the other 4 are scoring. We aren't scoring or looking remotely like we can with any consistency. The consequence of not finding some in-form strikers - even from Exeter City (which I assume is the same level that we bought in our French stars) - is clear to me. 

Good post M2S. Unfortunately I think you are right. We have brought in some cracking quality in the last week alone and the club should be applauded for that. But it was completely necessary that we did so let us not forget. It is just as imperative that we get at least one new striker in today. The club surely know that as well and I am hoping that the good work they have started this week continues up until tonight! We need goals as your stats clearly show. We aren't scoring from all over the pitch like last year and cannot rely on JK to drag us to safety, as well as he has done thus far for his first season. A new striker in today is a must. 

7 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Just wish they would say if there isn't anything else happening today, get a bit of life back !

Same here Slarti, have got skittles tonight and it is affecting my concentration at the moment and need it as we are in a relegation battle as well in Div 1 of The Brent Knoll and District Mixed Skittle League  :reaper:

There's no doubt that this has been a testing time for the club. In particular now we've gone on to let a manager go and cram in the signings we've so desperately needed all season in the space of a couple of weeks. Been really happy with the progress made and I think we've made a couple of great permanent additions and loans. They cannot let this come undone at literally the 11th hour by missing out on a striker though. Kodjia has his critics but let's be fair he looks like the only one scoring and to an extent has been the only one. Tomlin will prove really useful but if Kodjia got injured we would really be in difficultly - like we're not already of course. 

4 minutes ago, Red_Nine said:

The Agard to Wigan rumour just can't be true...can it?

This would be good news for me (not Agard !) but if true it means we are well on the way to signing at least 1 striker and Agard hasn't been getting into the team as it is and has been given the option to move on.

Again if true.

Archived