IGNORED

Hattrick Heroes

beaverface

Why does it always seem that opposition players score hattricks against us?

If a player is on a brace, surely the instructions must be make sure that player is nobbled !! By that I mean man marked/agitated/involved in minor scuffle/slight injury/tackled extra hard etc?

Usually it's obvious that their team mates are trying to set them up for the third goal each time - it's just a personal bug bear of mine that they always seem to get the third goal.

1 minute ago, beaverface said:

Why does it always seem that opposition players score hattricks against us?

If a player is on a brace, surely the instructions must be make sure that player is nobbled !! By that I mean man marked/agitated/involved in minor scuffle/slight injury/tackled extra hard etc?

Usually it's obvious that their team mates are trying to set them up for the third goal each time - it's just a personal bug bear of mine that they always seem to get the third goal.

That's it, if we can't beat them, we clog them. Classy.

39 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Time to get street wise. We've had it done to us enough times over the years. 

Rubbish. We really should be better than that. I despise clubs who just pitch up to kick the skill out of the opposition because they can't compete.

Also, I think you can probably reduce our chances of making decent signings even further if the sales pitch to them is, "if we play a better team (which lets face it is most of them) we just resort to kicking the s**t out of them".  I can see them saying "cool, where do I sign".

Is this what we've come to? 

2 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

That's it, if we can't beat them, we clog them. Classy.

I didn't say clog them, I mean get a little bit more savvy as how to stop them. Maybe double up or something?

We can remain as nice as possible, but if we're not careful we'll get bullied and picked on. There needs to be a certain amount of streetwise-ness about us.

10 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Rubbish. We really should be better than that. I despise clubs who just pitch up to kick the skill out of the opposition because they can't compete.

Also, I think you can probably reduce our chances of making decent signings even further if the sales pitch to them is, "if we play a better team (which lets face it is most of them) we just resort to kicking the s**t out of them".  I can see them saying "cool, where do I sign".

Is this what we've come to? 

See Beaverfaces post. He has summed up my thoughts in a nut shell.

10 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I didn't say clog them, I mean get a little bit more savvy as how to stop them. Maybe double up or something?

We can remain as nice as possible, but if we're not careful we'll get bullied and picked on. There needs to be a certain amount of streetwise-ness about us.

Read your post again, you said "agitated/involved in minor scuffle/slight injury/tackled extra hard etc?"

That's clogging. Leave that to the dirty northern monkeys.

53 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Time to get street wise. We've had it done to us enough times over the years. 

Not just over the years but this season alone! One thing I've learnt about these players is that they are quite a naive bunch. The amount of times opposite players have ' kicked us ' is staggering really.

I can count 5 teams at AG who have done this against us.

1 minute ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Read your post again then, you said "agitated/involved in minor scuffle/slight injury/tackled extra hard etc?"

That's clogging. Leave that to the dirty northern monkeys.

Agitated = get in their ear, say they're going to cock up the next free kick, say they're going miss the next one-on-one. Put doubt in their mind

Minor scuffle = Push or barge them a bit more at a corner routine, let them know you're there. Grapple them if need be.

Slight injury = Ok, may be going a little far, but give a little pinch when they're backing into you. Something that won't injure them, but annoy them so they might swing for you. Grab their nuts, you know, the old Gazza/Vinny Jones infamous picture.

Tackle extra hard = Self Explanatory - make them think, "damn this next tackle is going to hurt if I get there first"

All of these things aren't designed to injure through "clogging", but just making them think twice and know they're in for a rough ride.

Archived