IGNORED

League 1 winning or Chamionship losing

Bat Fastard

Looking at the finishing table for last season led me to recall the great pleasure to watch City winning frequently in League One and to compare this with watching us struggle in the Championship.  On balance I probably enjoyed least season winning more that this season losing.  I just wondered if anyone else feels the same way?

Every time we go up this discussion gets brought up. Many angles to look at it, though generally I think all would prefer to be in the Championship regardless of winning/losing. However, if league one was full of strong teams as it was several years ago, then it shouldn't be underestimated as a competition, it just lacks the media coverage that the Championship commands.

Obviously I wish we had a few more results but I really enjoy watching some of the quality teams in this division have. I'd much rather be in this division. I'd also love going up to the prem but i do enjoy this division. I'd like to go up just for the parachute payments as long as we do like Burnely. Try hard but don't go too far over the top financially and become a championship contender most seasons. Last year was great but only because we knew we were improving as a club. 

I want to see my club work its way up through the football league to the highest point possible. Losing games at a higher level is always preferable to winning at a lower level, because it means overall you are closer to the ultimate aim of reaching the top. It's usually part of the process of overall progress. On a game-by-game basis it might be harder to enjoy, but you have to take the broad view.

Struggling in the Championship is still preferable to knocking over the usual suspects in the third division .

What is so frustrating for the old buggers like me is that this time we believed that it would be different and lessons had been learned . It is simply that this time we've made new mistakes .:grr:  

We have a talent for shooting ourselves in the foot .

Archived