IGNORED

The Official Reading v Bristol City Match Day Thread

3 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Thanks for that 

pitch looks poor in places with lots of sand 

rugby !!!!!!!!

joe is looking better nogs but it's more about Derek's fitness I think

After the last few games, I'm staggers Wes hasn't seen more game time - hope he gets more than a few minutes today, and we need some fresh ideas going forwards.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Last time i went to reading we won 2-0 a few years back. Also saw us win 3-1 there so think i'm at 100% for away games here!

Hoping for more of the same and the 'we're just to good for you' chant to be resurrected!!

I think you've got your stats wrong mate.the lasts time city won at reading was 1933 according to the stats.I've been 3 times in lasts 15 yrs and been beaten every time.2-1.3-1.3.0 if my memory serves me right.sorry

Just now, redmycolour said:

I think you've got your stats wrong mate.the lasts time city won at reading was 1933 according to the stats.I've been 3 times in lasts 15 yrs and been beaten every time.2-1.3-1.3.0 if my memory serves me right.sorry

Won 2-0 a few years ago followed by around 5000 city supporters, superb game 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Incorrect. Won 2-0 when skuse scored n 3-1 with Peacock and Lee Matthews got some. :P

18 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

joe is looking better nogs but it's more about Derek's fitness I think 

Yep, DW not even on the bench so evidently an injury, and one we could clearly do without.

On the plus side, an on form Joe is a big asset so let's hope he takes this chance and has a stormer today.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, DW not even on the bench so evidently an injury, and one we could clearly do without.

On the plus side, an on form Joe is a big asset so let's hope he takes this chance and has a stormer today.

Agree entirely 

Great to see Scott back on the bench 

just sat with his mum and dad 

agard only just started running again yesterday so fingers crossed he gets a run as well 

For me, Cotts is taking a big gamble using the same line-up after 1 win in 13 games.  Especially with this being our 3rd game in 8 days, and how bad we were Monday, you'd think we'd have to try something to see if we can get a different result - whether that's a different shape, playing Reid or Burns or whatever.  It might not work but we know that it's not working with the players we've got. Surely there's a point where you have to try something?

I seriously hope Cotterill and the team prove me wrong but another poor performance and another heavy defeat and surely that HAS to be the final straw?

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

For me, Cotts is taking a big gamble using the same line-up after 1 win in 13 games.  Especially with this being our 3rd game in 8 days, and how bad we were Monday, you'd think we'd have to try something to see if we can get a different result - whether that's a different shape, playing Reid or Burns or whatever.  It might not work but we know that it's not working with the players we've got. Surely there's a point where you have to try something?

I seriously hope Cotterill and the team prove me wrong but another poor performance and another heavy defeat and surely that HAS to be the final straw?

I think today was a prime chance to try something new. Shame.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, djb6162 said:
5 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Agree entirely 

Great to see Scott back on the bench 

just sat with his mum and dad 

agard only just started running again yesterday so fingers crossed he gets a run as well 

Sounds like Kieran could do with another week off if that's the case, no point potentially putting him back at square one.

Seems a straightforward decision to me today - If we sub. a forward young Burns should be first in line to replace him.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

I think today was a prime chance to try something new. Shame.

Apart from anything else, I think it's proved to everyone else in the squad - Reid, Burns, Little etc. - that no mater what they do, the manager is not going to give them a chance.  And it proves to everyone in the team that, no matter how abject they are, they'll continue to get picked unless we sign anyone.  Not really much of a motivator is it?

• Like 6
35 minutes ago, Super said:

Predictable.

Is Cotterill trying to play mind games with Lansdown? Playing (virtually) the same side for every game, is he saying, "These are the very best players I have Mr Lansdown. The very best. Reid and Burns frankly aren't good enough. Robinson isn't mature enough and neither Moore, or Agard are fully fit. No, Mr L, the lads on the pitch are the best I've got; all I've got, unless you make the money available. Big money, or it's the same again and again, Mr L. Same, same, same. But the great thing is, you trust me."

Edited by Curr Avon
2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Apart from anything else, I think it's proved to everyone else in the squad - Reid, Burns, Little etc. - that no mater what they do, the manager is not going to give them a chance.  And it proves to everyone in the team that, no matter how abject they are, they'll continue to get picked unless we sign anyone.  Not really much of a motivator is it?

No it isn't you are right. If I were a member of our younger players I'd be pretty disappointed with things as it stands. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

None at all..... I'd be trying to engineer a move away if I were one of them. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Scott on the bench.

Great to have him back ??

**** me, shows how far our standards have dropped !

i guess as a pro you want to be playing not sat in the  stands 

you are of course entitled to your opinion but for me I was simply expressing and sharing a positive moment for Scott in an otherwise bleak season 

to my memory Scott has never let the club down nor have our standards been particularly high without him 

• Like 8