IGNORED

Hands up

nickolas

If you're going to spend the next 3 weeks or more constantly checking on here for updates on transfers.....?!?!

i know i will be in the plain hope for 4 or 5 bits of quality coming in  

Sadly i fear it will be towards the end of Jan with the usual 'it takes time' and 'we're working on a few things' statements before we see anything. 

Oh, plus the usual 'we are signing' [ insert name here ] before watching them go to QPR, Wolves or similar. 

Many weeks of boring hours spent hoping for anything to come!! :grr:

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I'm expecting Bennett to be announced at around 11.00am on Monday.  Surely Cotts wouldn't say he's talking to Nowich through fear of alerting other clubs.  Surely it's a done deal.

Good point. And we've heard an opinion on this. I read though that he was talking to them about extending the loan. I think it'll be permanent. 

Just now, Reddie The Eagle Edwards said:

I wouldnt want bennett permanently, i struggle to remember one positive thing he has done since hes been here?! 

Not trying to be confrontational, but do you go to matches?  I think a lot of us on here would say his performances have been largely positive since his arrival.

Here's one; cross for Kodjia to score a header v Wolves....the only goal of a 1-0 win....and three points.

Or have I just posted a whoosh, which I don't get what it means.

Fair enough.  At least you go, and form your opinions from your view.  It certainly is a game of opinions.  Would be boring otherwise, and we wouldn't need OTIB.  Now, there's an idea.

Today I think he was good with and without the ball, got 3 or 4 threatening crosses in, rarely gave away the ball, and fizzed a cross shot a yard wide.  That was my view.  I'd really like him to sign. I'd also like to see him play in a flatter three in midfield if we persist with 352.  Give Litts the RWB berth and play Korey, Elliott B and Reid in there.  Just to see whether his energy would help?

Until I hear he's gone, I won't be paying much attention to the dealings in the window. With SC in charge, we are clearly heading back down and all I want to hear is that he's resigned  / been removed. I thank him for two wonderful years but he is NOT a Championship Manager.

Whoever he brings in, it will be 3-5-2, no subs until the 83rd minute and we will part like the red sea at the end.

I will support my club as always but the window?  It doesn't matter at the moment.

To answer the OP, probably, as the first step on addiction is admitting it..

As for those suddenly on Bennett's case, if they think we are going to get the 5 players that we now need and they'll all be miles better than him they are deluded.

He's a good age, experienced, gives everything and has clearly settled in, if every other signing this month does that we will be extremely lucky.

As for something that he's done, when we were 4 down against Fulham, he ran half the length of the pitch to get a tackle in to stop us going 5 down.

Not every loan player shows that level of commitment..

1 hour ago, jambodinho said:

Bennett will destroy league 1 left backs next season. Good addition 

but we arent going to be in league one are we ?. im only guessing but would hope for a busy transfer week with all new recruits featuring at some point against wba.

who actually appeared on transfer rumour threads before they were actually coming? one thing cotts is good at is keeping his cards close to his chest which he needs to do more than ever  as we arent exactly the most attractive proposition out there right now

3 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

but we arent going to be in league one are we ?. im only guessing but would hope for a busy transfer week with all new recruits featuring at some point against wba.

who actually appeared on transfer rumour threads before they were actually coming? one thing cotts is good at is keeping his cards close to his chest which he needs to do more than ever  as we arent exactly the most attractive proposition out there right now

He keeps his cards so close to his chest even he does n't know what he has .

I wonder if Cotts referring to "not having any irons in the fire" is a pointer to a change of tactics this window. Most of the summer dealings (or non-dealings) were played out in the media. Everyone seemed to know what we were up to and i am sure that did not help in any of the negotiations - alerting other clubs, putting the selling club in a stronger position etc...

I think Cotts wants to play this whole window out of the spotlight (as much as he can control that) and only provide news when there is something concrete to talk about.

I think we will see alot of caginess from Cotts this window until deals are done

2 minutes ago, Devereux said:

I wonder if Cotts referring to "not having any irons in the fire" is a pointer to a change of tactics this window. Most of the summer dealings (or non-dealings) were played out in the media. Everyone seemed to know what we were up to and i am sure that did not help in any of the negotiations - alerting other clubs, putting the selling club in a stronger position etc...

I think Cotts wants to play this whole window out of the spotlight (as much as he can control that) and only provide news when there is something concrete to talk about.

I think we will see alot of caginess from Cotts this window until deals are done

I don't think that was Cotts doing. He always prefers to keep his dealings private, but his attitude to the question was a bit odd to say the least.

Archived