IGNORED

Paul Arnold Garita

Fordy62

1 minute ago, Kodjia 22 said:

Problem I have with all us city fans is now we will be expecting this lad to come in and be the answer to all our problems, who am I kidding, I am also very excited to see what he has to offer.

We need 3 or 4 more signings to take any pressure off the lad. 

Just shows to me how bad things are. One first teamer out today to follow the 2 -3 loanees already gone in this window and we sign someone for the under 21's. Underwhelmed in the extreme. 

We need at least 5 quality first team signings. All our scouting/financial resources should have been concentrated on that not pratting around with the Under 21 side. Just a bloody diversion, like the Academy.

Get your priorities right and focus on the first team FFS.... we now desperately need short term fixes given the situation that's been created.

Can't believe given the size of the first team squad we didn't have one, just one, friggin player lined up on Day 1. Appalling stuff. 

If this does go through, then I'm glad we're looking at recruitment for the future, not for the now.  We must always have 2 plans in place, one for the immediate first team, and one for the next few years.  If this lad signs for the u21's, great, I'll hope he works hard, settles in, and we see him play some part in the next 2-3 years.

Not much development going on in that squad. Where is the emergency of joe morrell amongst others? They are all of an age where if they are to be of any real quality, they would have broken through by now. 

Time to close it all down as it seems to be wasted money. Not only can we not develop many or any youth, but we can't even buy in quality. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He's saying himself he's been signed for the first team - I reckon the post are assuming given his age he's for u21 with no basis

Agreed, I think he'll be on the bench once he's signed and possibly used as an impact sub (unless we sign another more experienced striker)

24 minutes ago, cityexile said:

This thread confuses me.

A new signing (a rarity in itself), for the Development squad, is now going to be playing with Kodjia straight away in the first team.

What am I missing here?

Cotts tactical genius and the way he plays the media like Nigel Kennedy played the violin.  Obviously...

5 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Exciting stuff. 2 years ago Arsenal were thinking about signing him. A strong tall forward is needed as we've only got Wilbs. Kodjia has a mate to speak to and he's young and cost probably almost nothing. I'm excited. 

Talking of Arsenal they are likely to offload Rosicky, Flamini and Arteta on free transfers in the summer. Any two from three would be rather decent loan additions to our squad in the meantime. 

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Talking of Arsenal they are likely to offload Rosicky, Flamini and Arteta on free transfers in the summer. Any two from three would be rather decent loan additions to our squad in the meantime. 

I hope I've had a whoosh moment here as you can't possibly be serious!!

Archived