1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

How does that lineup work exactly? Can't decipher what formation you're playing

4-4-1-1 Chester,McAuley,Evans,Brunt

Sess,Fletcher,Morrison, McClean

Lambert

Rondon

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Bristol City XI:  Fielding, Little, Ayling, Flint, Baker, Bryan, Smith, Pack, Freeman, Wilbraham, Kodjia. 

Subs. O'Leary, Williams, Wagstaff, Reid, Agard, Burns.

That bench just brings it home. 

Yes lets face it, if we used them we would be in big trouble wouldnt we !!!

we usially wait until we are losing to blame the subs

blow me ,... We managed it an hour before kick off today 

• Like 1

Can someone please for the love of God tell Cotts that we do have an academy and an U21 team.  Utterly gobsmacked and appalled by the fact he's not using any of them to supplement the first team.

One or two of the U21's should have featured already and slowly but surely began their development as a BCFC player.

Cotts is not making his job any easier.

• Like 12
4 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Yes lets face it, if we used them we would be in big trouble wouldnt we !!!

we usially wait until we are losing to blame the subs

blow me ,... We managed it an hour before kick off today 

I do apologise. I really did not mean it like that.

I would have very happily given them a run out today, I really do not see what the downside is. I can see I could have put it better, but I was referring to not being able to fill the bench. Let's hope some at least get a go before the 88th minute!

Edited by cityexile
1 minute ago, cityexile said:

I do apologise. I really did not mean it like that.

I would have very happily given them a run out today, I really do not see what the downside is. I can see I could have put it better, but I was referring to not being able to fill the bench. Let's hope sons at least get a go before the 88th minute!

No worries mate

no offense taken at all and no need to apologise, i was being a bit feseasitous really.

hope i spelt that nearly right !!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Seriously affecting the chance to beat Preston on Tuesday.  Sounds stupid to me.

We 'threw' a league game against Derby to rest players, but are not prepared to give any of the bench a start when it really makes no difference, with a huge game on Tuesday. I will be honest, it just makes no sense to me.

8 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Can someone please for the love of God tell Cotts that we do have an academy and an U21 team.  Utterly gobsmacked and appalled by the fact he's not using any of them to supplement the first team.

One or two of the U21's should have featured already and slowly but surely began their development as a BCFC player.

Cotts is not making his job any easier.

Whoever the manager is there always seems to be a call for them to use players from our academy. The players at under 21 level clearly can't be anywhere near good enough otherwise surely at least one of the managers would have given some a chance.

1 minute ago, roe said:

Whoever the manager is there always seems to be a call for them to use players from our academy. The players at under 21 level clearly can't be anywhere near good enough otherwise surely at least one of the managers would have given some a chance.

I just can't believe that, there has to be some talent in there, only based on the fact we are a large professional team with a vast catchment area and an impressive set up of coaches etc.  There must be a couple of other Joe Bryans in that mix.  I've always liked the sound of Morrell and Bishop for example.

8 minutes ago, cityexile said:

We 'threw' a league game against Derby to rest players, but are not prepared to give any of the bench a start when it really makes no difference, with a huge game on Tuesday. I will be honest, it just makes no sense to me.

Unless SC was directed to play our strongest team today.  Perhaps the FA cup is high up on our agenda this year...:whistle:

3 minutes ago, roe said:

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Why didn't he do what Liverpool did yesterday?  Perhaps he didn't want to disrespect the first team or our impressive army of travelling fans - which I understand - but if we suffer any knocks or injuries today than we are screwed for Tuesday.

Fair point about at least acknowledging the big away following with the strongest team. Only defence I can see.

Yep, get the point about the Academy, but where is the harm in letting somebody soak up a first team match atmosphere.