IGNORED

If you could have scored one City goal....

Tinmans Love Child

11 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Just for fun in these stressful times, if you could have scored one City goal from all previous City goals which would it have been?

for me it's either Tinnions v Liverpool in the FA Cup or Trundles v Palace in the play off second leg.  Any others?

Any winning goal against the sags,but the number one would be Chris Garlands down on all fours header to make it 6-1,the ultimate p*** take.

Bit of a strange one, but it would have to be either Liam Robinson's last goal against Peterborough, almost from the halfway line, swerved about 6 times before beating the keeper all ends up, or Tinman's disallowed goal against Charlton that would have put us into the FA Cup quarter finals after beating Liverpool and Stockport.

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Two unscored goals against Man U in OUR cup final !!

This is more like it - goals that never were. I'd like to score a goal to beat Southampton in the1960s clash when both clubs were pushing to promotion to the old league one. Southampton went up and we didn't. Survival in the top flight was a lot easier then and, if we had been promoted, we could have stayed there for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Just for fun in these stressful times, if you could have scored one City goal from all previous City goals which would it have been?

for me it's either Tinnions v Liverpool in the FA Cup or Trundles v Palace in the play off second leg.  Any others?

Donnie Gillies' equaliser against Coventry for 2-2 in May 1977. The result that kept us in the top flight. He was a man for the big occasion was Donnie.

Archived