IGNORED

Another one, Tom Bradshaw (again)

Pickle Rick

6 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

If we're going to sign an injury prone light weight, let's get one already playing at this level (?)

Isnt the Intel that he worked hard doing strengthening work in the summer?  Not had any muscle real red absences this season.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Isnt the Intel that he worked hard doing strengthening work in the summer?  Not had any muscle real red absences this season.

You tell me, Dave. I was just tossing out a cheap jibe (lowest form of wit. If I can claim even that...)

3 hours ago, cynic said:

Seen him for myself on several occasions.

Similar stats to Baldock and Agard at that level both had more or less one in two stats and they are hardly prolific at this level. Is he better than them when they were at that level ? He's certainly not as quick and he does appear to have problems with injuries. 

There's been some cracking strikers come up from the lower leagues and made a real impact but there's also been those who have scored for fun in the lower divisions but not cut it at this level.  I've just not seen anything in him that suggests to me that he could cut it at this level against the defenders he'd be up against. It'll be interesting to see who takes the plunge with him and how he does.

I don't think there are many players at all who manage 1 in 2 in league one over a couple of years in their early 20s and fail at the next level up - I actually can't think of one.  His record is better than Baldock's in league one (his best was about one in three) and Agard has only had one good season ever.  For Bradshaw's movement (which is pretty much the defining quality of a goalscorer) is spot on.  

25 minutes ago, cynic said:

Baldock in league one for us scored 26 in 54 in 2013/14 which is hardly one in three. 

I was talking about prior to signing him - I think Baldock would have been plenty good enough at Championship level if he'd not made the move to sit on West Ham's bench too early.  Even now he'd be a significant improvement on everyone at the club except Kodjia.  I still can't think of a young forward who's managed one in two for a couple of years at league one and failed in the championship.  The second season tends to be what indicates they're consistently better than that level.  

I suspect there will be few opportunities to do better than Bradshaw and am far from convinced about spending £2-3m on a kid with a handful of professional games to his name.  Maybe he's amazing but I doubt anyone on here has seen enough to have a realistic opinion on it.

12 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Yes he has two fairly long absences this season, in fact only just made his first full game for nearly 5 weeks at Brentford on Saturday.

The injury was due to a big cut on his foot, nothing to do with his hamstring, that type of injury could happen to anyone. 

His record in league one is very similar to Maynard's who were were willing to spend over £2m on several years ago before prices got sillier.

Archived