IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day Thread

Really hoping for 3 points tonight, not least because I've got some whisky left over from Xmas and I'd much rather have a glass of it to celebrate rather than to block out the pain of a draw/defeat/conceding a last minute goal.

We also desperately need something to give us hope for the remaining part of the season. 

44 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I would feel more comfortable if it was 3-0 going into injury time.

Yes, as a City fan, I was very nervous at 69 years 364 days :fear: 

Sorry about the multiple posts. This pigging website is playing silly buggers again 

:grr: 

Edited by Aizoon
4 hours ago, djb6162 said:

Permission ?? What about fitness and or ability?

I doubt that he is a replacement for Wes but i must confess to being a bit awkward over the hype surrounding his arrival . He seems a big unit with a good attitude but a proven goalscorer he ain't .

We should be more excited about Wes from the little i've seen of him but what do they say about a prophet in his own country ?

I can tell you this i will be beside myself if Wes leaves and breaks through at another club .

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

If we cant even get a loan keeper in for the game then that just highlights the sad situation we're in - Who the hell doesn't want to send out back up keepers to get first team experience????

Anyway, good luck to O'Leary tonight if he's called on. Grab the opportunity with both hands.

O Donnell signed mate

4 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

If we cant even get a loan keeper in for the game then that just highlights the sad situation we're in - Who the hell doesn't want to send out back up keepers to get first team experience????

Anyway, good luck to O'Leary tonight if he's called on. Grab the opportunity with both hands.

Think you missed the GK news ....

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/TEAM-NEWS-Bristol-City-v-Preston-North-End/story-28511249-detail/story.html

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-TRANSFER-LATEST-Robins-sign-Wigan/story-28510986-detail/story.html

Edited by Soul_Trader
cos
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Aizoon said:

I shall miss both the game and the OTIB meltdown because today is my official 70th birthday and I shall be having a posh nosh and a bevvy :drunk2: in darkest Cornwall - St Ives to be precise. Horace will be following via the BBC sports alerts but is not allowed to tweet back in my absence since the unfortunate Slug & Lettuce incident :( 

However, COME ON YOU REDS :city: 

Hopefully, my absence will win us three points but remember, guys, the game goes on until the opposition scores, so let's be two up at the start of added time. 

Are you like the Queen , one 'official ' Birthday and another real one ( where she lets her hair down ,hits the sherry and does the Zumba with Prince Phillip ) ?

Have a good you old bugger !:clap:

• Like 1
Just now, Soul_Trader said:

Being 55 minutes late to the announcement, you'd have thought i'd have read it first. Oh dear.

I think i'm going to be busy on here tonight!

4 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Always worth checking the facts before launching into a rant Rojo!

• Like 1
Just now, Major Isewater said:

I doubt that he is a replacement for Wes but i must confess to being a bit awkward over the hype surrounding his arrival . He seems a big unit with a good attitude but a proven goalscorer he ain't .

We should be more excited about Wes from the little i've seen of him but what do they say about a prophet in his own country ?

I can tell you this i will be beside myself if Wes leaves and breaks through at another club .

The hype over this french lad who has been playing at the equivalent level of the conference is quite something imho.

we are quick to say our bench are not championship quality but i wonder how many calling for his inclusion took time to watch him play against a FGR side earlier in the week !

i agree on your comments re wes, the two players couldnt be more dissimilar, but frankly since when has that made a difference to squad selection here.

21 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Suprised garita not in squad given he got clearance to play and was suggested he would be in if that occurred....

Who would you have dropped from tonights squad , genuine question, not trying to trap you.

just interested.

I think you may have answered your own question to be honest