IGNORED

Positives!

Tinmans Love Child

Positives are that Machester City got relegated to Div 3 (league 1) and filled the stadium even in Div 3 and stormed back to win the Premiership.   It is therefore essential that we suffer a season of humiliation, depression and, ultimately, relgation in order to follow the precedent.  It's in the stars as long as Cotts doesn't do anything silly such as start winning a few games.  It fact maybe it's in the Bristol Sport master plan rather than random star formations.

So when we get extra games in the FA cup that will tire our depleted and struggling squad this is positive.

Failure to sign players for large sums from clubs going into administration who will score a hatful a goals and keep our Championship status is a positive.

It's all positive and inevitable unless Cotts does something to spoil it such as use substitutes appropriately, give talented fringe players a chance or, even worse, sign some aspiring talent from the lower leagues who will keep us up.  I think we are safe on that front so, to quote 'him down the road' ... happy days.  Kevin Keegan then comes out of retirement to lead us to the promised land with glorious attacking football with 5-4 results being the norm.   I was going to say Stuart Pearce but that would be delusional.

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

We didn't let a last minute goal in!

We are generally losing by the off goal!

We are not cut adrift yet!

I thought you played pretty well on the whole. The first half we just sat on the edge of our penalty area so it was a non-event, but the second half it really did liven up.

We both had chances, Johnson hitting the post for us, Johnstone making a few brilliant saves from Wilbraham and Reid, it probably could've finished 3-3.

Fortunately we've nicked it with a set piece, it's shithousery really and we're quite good at it away from home, own goal and set piece goal last night yet you played the better football.

Seems to be like this for you a lot, play well but not picking up the points. Can Cotterill get you the results to stay up at this level? Remains to be seen. 

32 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

I thought you played pretty well on the whole. The first half we just sat on the edge of our penalty area so it was a non-event, but the second half it really did liven up.

We both had chances, Johnson hitting the post for us, Johnstone making a few brilliant saves from Wilbraham and Reid, it probably could've finished 3-3.

Fortunately we've nicked it with a set piece, it's shithousery really and we're quite good at it away from home, own goal and set piece goal last night yet you played the better football.

Seems to be like this for you a lot, play well but not picking up the points. Can Cotterill get you the results to stay up at this level? Remains to be seen. 

I think in reality, we were as bad as each other and I wouldn't be surprised if we both went down or competed for the final relegation place. There was very little in terms of quality from two poor sides and I guess that explains why we are both struggling...

17 minutes ago, PFree said:

I think in reality, we were as bad as each other and I wouldn't be surprised if we both went down or competed for the final relegation place. There was very little in terms of quality from two poor sides and I guess that explains why we are both struggling...

Both struggling?

I think you need to take a look at the League table bud. We're far from struggling.

We were below par last night, i'll give you that one.

According to Cotts, apparently none of this is our fault. 

+ Our wage bill can't be very high as we've let a load of players go and signed no one, sorry, signed a no one

+ We've got an Egyptian international 

+ There's no queue in the City shop 

+ We've got a basketball team

+ We still own an iceskating rink in Ashton Vale

+ Ashton Vale may get flooded along with some houses there.

+ We are building a museum

+ We have most of the team in place to mount a bid for promotion to the Championship next season

+ We have the 5 Pillars

+ Our manager isn't Sean O'Discoll

+ We have a derby to look forward

+ We are brave, so brave that we give the job of reading of the half time scores to a person no one has heard speak before he's let loose with a microphone. Perhaps we're too brave

7 hours ago, PFree said:

We are 13th in the table, 13 points clear of the drop zone, in our first season back at the level in 4 years and have a very small budget compared to many sides in the division. I'd hardly class that as struggling.

My 12 y/o still loves going which is still kind of a positive for me.

Almost wish she would want to give it a miss for a week or two but I guess rather this than she gets fed up and wants to jack it in.

The other positive for me is that somehow there are two teams below us and MK are not far ahead of us.

Archived