IGNORED

Next City Manager

Pickle Rick

Bookies have Brendan Rogers, Gary Monk and David Moyes among the front runners.

I believe we will sign a much higher profile manager and players will then sign for us. We need to be more desirable to prevent us from being agent fodder to get their players better deals elsewhere.

Initial odds:

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/football/football-specials#/football-football-specials-bristol-city-next-permanent-manager

It wont be a big name appointment it will have to be a 'Yes Man' for Lansdown.  No one will be able to attract players here with the money we are offering in wages so a big name wont be interested it will be someone like Tisdale at Exeter so dont get too excited people.

7 minutes ago, westonred said:

It wont be a big name appointment it will have to be a 'Yes Man' for Lansdown.  No one will be able to attract players here with the money we are offering in wages so a big name wont be interested it will be someone like Tisdale at Exeter so dont get too excited people.

I disagree. I think a big part of this decision is because we (SC) couldn't attract players. I think Lansdown will be prepared to hire a "name" to help with this.

5 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

Monk for me.  Like the bloke's style.  No way Rodgers or Moyes would come IMHO. 

I think that is the most likely outcome, or Tisdale from Exeter. Just hope we've got this all sorted , haven't got time to wait. I suspect the timing suggests they have 

12 minutes ago, westonred said:

This is where things have to change and now

We need to aim high, none of these L1&2 managers, if we want players for £2M+ we need a manager who can sign these players.  

Paul Tisdale ain't one (with respect!)

Moyes is ridiculous but what's the harm in asking!? maybe he'd like a building job rather than inheriting a kingdom.

11 minutes ago, westonred said:

Don't believe everything that is said to the media with the wages AND Cotterill's excuses.

I believe the replacement is already in the pipeline and we'll have our new manager before long, along with some near immediate signings.

6 minutes ago, bris red said:

Because he will have no pulling power. We need a manger that ultimately players want to follow and play for. 

The one in Bethlehem is pretty frigging good………and it comes with three wise men……which is three more than in our boardroom?

Manager out of work = Manager looking for work ! If the Prem jobs don't come up and there will be no changes at the top of the Championship , obviously, so if they want to work why not an ambitious club that needs work ?

I honestly don't think we are one of the worst 3 clubs in this Division, convince a prospective man of that and there you go. 

Archived