IGNORED

Next City Manager

Pickle Rick

19 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Everybody's banging on about "get a top class manager". Would a top class manager come to a shambles like us?

PS Why do you think Coppell walked?

Coppell walked five and a half years ago. Since then the club has restructured massively. Not sure why he walked has any bearing at all on where we are now... I also think people forget how many personal factors were at play with Coppell. Firstly it wasn't the first time he'd quit a job after an incredibly short period in charge. Secondly clearly his head was in the wrong place from the off as he didn't start the job immediately and went on holiday instead. Thirdly He'd tried to quit his previous job because he felt burned out, was urged to stay on and then failed, quit the game for a year, came back and tried to manage us, quit after three months and then never managed again. Whatever mistakes the board made, I don't think they were the main catalyst in him leaving.

Would be delighted if we got Pearson, that would really be making a statement of intent to me.

Appleton would be underwhelming, the cheap option (compared to Pearson).

Sadly, I think it would be typical of the board to take the 'easy' option and go for Appleton, who I suspect is far less likely to ruffle any feathers. Also, for me, far less likely to be able to turn things around.

Archived