IGNORED

Next City Manager

Pickle Rick

If it is Tisdale that will only mean one thing to me.

SL said on RB he thought we should be looking in the lower league for players. If they will pick someone like Tisdale, who would know a lot about them, that suggests he wants to carry on doing it on the cheap.

Pretty much certain we will be relegated if this happens.

On the other hand - go for a manager with a reputation at a higher level and I'll believe they are serious about getting in quality and pushing on.

My Swansea mate texted me immediately and said he thought Monk would be a good appointment for us. Says he would have a good back room staff and seemed to imply his problems at Swansea related to board interference with transfers. I think it speaks volumes when a recently-departed manager is still spoken of highly by the supporters. I do like his style and general demeanour.

Until odds go heavily odds on, do not really mean much at the moment. Somebody places a £5 bet and they change. Just a list of out of work managers at the moment.

Interim manager for this season would be the only way we would get a bigger name I would think.

13 minutes ago, JC5 said:

I've only really ever heard good things about Tisdale. Any reason why people aren't too keen on him?

Tisdale has the perfect job for himself at Exeter, he's over seeing a fantastic youth system which is constantly bringing through players, he's turned down other jobs I'm led to believe, simply because he's very happy doing what he's doing at Exeter. 

I wouldn't have a clue whether he would be interested in the City job, but personally he wouldn't be my choice. I don't think he would be SL's either, as I feel SL wants to bring in someone who has managed at a higher level.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Moyes came here, I read recently that he stated he would be happy managing in the Championship if that club had the same ambition as him.

5 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Nigel Pearson Fav on skybet 4/1

He's definitely not a "yes man", which could be good, but I'm not sure how he would get along with Steve Lansdown and co.  He's also got a bit of a bad reputation with players, which was one of the criticisms leveled at Cotts.

Early money must have gone on Pearson as he is now the favourite. I would favour him or Mackay. Both know the division. Both have been promoted from the division. Both have player pulling power. Both are leaders. Admittedly both have blots on their character, but so did SC and he did alright.

2016-01-14.png

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

My Swansea mate texted me immediately and said he thought Monk would be a good appointment for us. Says he would have a good back room staff and seemed to imply his problems at Swansea related to board interference with transfers. I think it speaks volumes when a recently-departed manager is still spoken of highly by the supporters. I do like his style and general demeanour.

Board interfering with transfers? Heard that one before.

Agree with other posters who say high profile.... Its a no brainer... The Champs is not the old Division 2.... This league is Prem 2 in all but name.. Monk, Tisdale and the like, especially given our precarious position, are way too much of a gamble. 

Big name in my humbles. Moyes would fit bery well for a whole bunch of reasons and is not unrealistic.

5 minutes ago, extonsred said:

Give Moyes a big money six month contract which in terms of keeping us up and season ticket sales for next year would be cheap at the price. -- and then negotiate with him once he finds the lure of BCFC and the challenge too much to resist!!

Come home Moyesey. We've missed you. 

9 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Tisdale has the perfect job for himself at Exeter, he's over seeing a fantastic youth system which is constantly bringing through players, he's turned down other jobs I'm led to believe, simply because he's very happy doing what he's doing at Exeter. 

I wouldn't have a clue whether he would be interested in the City job, but personally he wouldn't be my choice. I don't think he would be SL's either, as I feel SL wants to bring in someone who has managed at a higher level.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Moyes came here, I read recently that he stated he would be happy managing in the Championship if that club had the same ambition as him.

Totally agree about Tisdale. He's got it good at Exeter and I'm really not sure he'd come if we offered him the job. There'll be people on here who know more than me but I'm sure we've approached him in the past and he's said no.

8 minutes ago, Orbital said:

Early money must have gone on Pearson as he is now the favourite. I would favour him or Mackay. Both know the division. Both have been promoted from the division. Both have player pulling power. Both are leaders. Admittedly both have blots on their character, but so did SC and he did alright.

2016-01-14.png

I would be over the moon with either of those

19 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

paul tisdale lives near chippenham and is bright and articulate

BUT we need a name to attract players so we need a high profile manager

what at bristol city.....we await the usual copout appointment but wait with baited breath, could our board just see behind the wages for once and realise we are playing in the premiership Reserve League

Our budget clearly wont change so expect the cheapest option. Remit of use youth and good luck in L1 next season. 

If he was going to be sacked, 2 weeks into the window is not the time. 

I think we might get Uee Rosler though. Reasonable reputation and did well at Brentford. Probably cheapest of a few names mentioned. 

My instinct is that they must have a replacement lined up. Why would you let Cotterill do the pre-Boro press conference and THEN sack him otherwise? Surely you would just have got rid on Wednesday morning after Preston. Surely continuing to have Cotterill in charge would be preferable to having no-one in charge at all, midway through the transfer window - unless you had a replacement lined up?

4 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

I think the likes of moyes, Pearson etc are well above our pay grade and lure. Love to be proved wrong.

then what would we pay if we ever made the premiership, we want to soar with the eagles not be grounded with the turkeys, we have to think positive or we will always be wishing

Think this is probably the 6th time I can remember posting in a thread like this and everytime I always say Billy Davies. He's not even in the betting odds at the moment but can't remeber him ever doing a bad job?

Failing that the current bookies list is very uninspiring / unrealistic, Bet Victor have a greater choice than Skybet currently

http://www.betvictor.com/sports/en/football-specials/manager-specials/coupons/982100/126456098/676100100/0/0/PE/0/0/0/0/0

Suppose Mackay could be OK but failed at Wigan horribly so he is somewhat tainted, Pearson is a loose cannon, something not very exciting about Steve Clarke and Tisdale has never managed above the league we won last season.

I know its a running joke but Curbishley would be a genuinly good choice but he's been out of the game for so long its difficult to guess if he would even be interested.

Archived