IGNORED

Next City Manager

Pickle Rick

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Totally agree about Tisdale. He's got it good at Exeter and I'm really not sure he'd come if we offered him the job. There'll be people on here who know more than me but I'm sure we've approached him in the past and he's said no.

Certainly remember his name being mentioned in the past. I'd really be for him but think this wouldn't be the right time. Being realistic I'd get Colin in now to see us safe and then someone like Tisdale or Monk at the end of the season to build again. Would be over joyed with Moyes or To a lesser extent Peaeson I really would but it just isn't realistic imho. Can hope though!

No point in Tisdale whatsoever!! The only reason to sack Cotterill (which i completely disagree with) is to bring in someone with more champ/prem experience. This will only be rescued with a big name. Bringing in someone who is managing at a lower level than the champ right now would be absolute madness.

39 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

My Swansea mate texted me immediately and said he thought Monk would be a good appointment for us. Says he would have a good back room staff and seemed to imply his problems at Swansea related to board interference with transfers. I think it speaks volumes when a recently-departed manager is still spoken of highly by the supporters. I do like his style and general demeanour.

That's no good with sl in charge 

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

We need to aim high, none of these L1&2 managers, if we want players for £2M+ we need a manager who can sign these players.  

Paul Tisdale ain't one (with respect!)

Moyes is ridiculous but what's the harm in asking!? maybe he'd like a building job rather than inheriting a kingdom.

Moyes can do my patio if he wants a building job .

Unless SL is willing to pay the going rate for Championship players the next manager will be fighting an uphill and ultimately losing battle.   If we want a manager with Championship credentials SL will need to convince him that the appropriate wage structure will be put in place.

This is SL's seventh managerial appointment.   Seventh time lucky?  I fear not.

Friend of mine is a passionate Exeter fan and knows his football, and he would love to see the back of Tisdale who frustrates the hell out of him.   I've spent two years listening to him say that Tisdale has to go.  Can't believe that he is the right man for us.

We need someone who will keep us up, one way or another.   It has to be someone who can turn the side round very quickly.  The future can wait.  Maybe Warnock is the man.

IF we cannot attract a big name, which of course would be great, just going to throw one name out there, and duck!

Karl Robinson.

Has managed on a much smaller budget than us. His instinct is to build a team that likes to pass the ball and attack. Has helped build an academy that brought through players like Deli Ali, giving them every chance, managing them well, but not over hyping the young players. Seems to be trusted with young players on loan like Afobe. 

Runs away...

Convinced this was planned as soon as they had someone signed up, more than likely going to be watching the game Saturday so keep your eyes peeled unless they announce tomorrow. Will be interesting to know if they have had any input into timing and potentially lined up some signings?

All subjective but if I were in the boards shoes, no way would I with 17 days of the window left sack a manager and have no contingency and no irons in the fire with regards to bringing players in!

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

Convinced this was planned as soon as they had someone signed up, more than likely going to be watching the game Saturday so keep your eyes peeled unless they announce tomorrow. Will be interesting to know if they have had any input into timing and potentially lined up some signings?

All subjective but if I were in the boards shoes, no way would I with 17 days of the window left sack a manager and have no contingency and no irons in the fire with regards to bringing players in!

We'd all like to think so .

Archived