IGNORED

Next City Manager

Pickle Rick

27 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Unpleasant people I wouldn't like at our club - 

1 Warnock

2 Nigel Pearson

3 Billy Davies.

They might keep us up, but having any of them would make me stay away.

Sounds a little like how i felt about Cotts, u can  watch the gash then, i will support anyone the board appoint 

Well Saturday and Tuesday are arguable free passes, unlikely to beat Boro irrespective of who's in charge and Tuesday doesn't matter. If we do have someone lined up they have  a week under the radar before being announced to work on incoming transfers. 

Pretty sure it won't be Moyes though! 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I'm really not sure who we would be attractive too. In the end I can see it coming down to someone really uninspiring, like Russell Slade. 

There are so many terrible names coming out of the hat. At least you werent suggesting him.

I actually think Joe J isn't a bad thought.

What's different to players is we don't necessarily have a wage cap for managers. You can't suddenly pay a player 30k per week when the rest are on 7.. But it's different with a manager.

I can see SL paying the wages for a big name manager.. Big bids for Gayle and Gray prove he's prepared to spend.

It's also very strange timing, middle of January transfer window.. Makes me think a potential replacement has come to fruition.

I'm really not sure who we would be attractive too. In the end I can see it coming down to someone really uninspiring, like Russell Slade. 

This would be an absolute disaster on more than one level... The next manager not only needs to keep us up he also has to carry forward SL's Premier League vision..:online2long:

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What's different to players is we don't necessarily have a wage cap for managers. You can't suddenly pay a player 30k per week when the rest are on 7.. But it's different with a manager.

I can see SL paying the wages for a big name manager.. Big bids for Gayle and Gray prove he's prepared to spend.

It's also very strange timing, middle of January transfer window.. Makes me think a potential replacement has come to fruition.

Who we saying then? Moyes haha

Knowing the way things work at our beloved club…………..they have made no forward planning, SC dismissal was a knee-jerk reaction……and they probably have no idea who they will appoint, and by the time they sift through 150 applications,  the transfer window will have closed and the new manager will have to resort to the loan market.  I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but how can any supporter have any faith in the way this club is run behind the scenes………….with our previous record of appointing managers  (with the odd exception).   Boy did they make a mess of last summer?

2 hours ago, SurbitonRed1989 said:

Monk would be an excellent appointment... Moyes/Rodgers would be demanding 60k a week plus, you have to be deluded if you believe either would come to us, even if we offered the money!!! 

You think Moyes and Rodgers would turn down a £3m per year salary?

Not many managers would turn their noses up at that....with respect, perhaps you may be the deluded one?

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

There are so many terrible names coming out of the hat. At least you werent suggesting him.

I actually think Joe J isn't a bad thought.

Haha gosh no certainly not a suggestion, just when I look at the list of who is available or likely to be available I keep running down and thinking he will turn us down. 

What I feel is being ignored is that we have 'pushed the button' quite soon (and yet at a time when someone has to walk in, know our squad, know our capabilities and recruit in days). When people talk of the Moyes etc I think far more likely they'll hang on. It's probably only 4-5 weeks until some Prem jobs start becoming available as the bottom half twitch and failing that in the summer they would be attractive to those who just missed promotion.

The talk of giving someone enough time and our ambitions publicly was wrong too. It alludes to some form of culpability on the incoming manager if we drop notwithstanding they will have to know our squad, assess our issues and recruit within a matter of days. It doesn't sound great. 

Ignoring the more far fetched suggestions, I would go for Steve Clarke. (and even he may laugh in our face)

Knows how to set a team up that keeps clean sheets and has good contacts in the game that may help our rush in the next fortnight to find a squad.

His post match interviews might make SO'D look like Mickey Flanagan mind.

I haven't trawled through all six pages but have seen enough names and bookie odds.

If SL is really serious about us becoming a club that has a realistic opportunity of reaching the Prem, then I hope he will choose someone who has good experience of the managing at Prem and/or upper Championship level.

Thus I would rule out those like Tisdale, Lee J and others who have only experience in lower leagues.

Does someone like Monk with less than 18 months qualify? Probably not.

Bearing in mind that SL hired Andy Robinson who has been Head Coach at both England and Scotland as the Director of Rugby at Bristol Rugby, I would consider that those like Clarke, Pearson or Moyes should not be discounted. 

If my thinking is anywhere near the mark, of those three, David Moyes would be a fantastic statement of our intent.

Archived