IGNORED

Do we have more chance of beating Boro?

reddogkev

How does this affect Saturday?

Consider the below:

* Possible new formation

* Events could unsettle Boro and throw their plans into doubt

* Player's may put in an improved performance

* New injection of ideas from John and Wade.

Prior to SC's departure, I had Boro down as clear favourites to beat us.  Now there is the element of uncertainty.

I don't believe so.

When a manager gets sacked after losing the dressing room, the team invariably improves (usually temporarily), after the manager goes.

Although we have been crap of late (overall), it is clear the players were still giving 100% for him, despite being totally knackered.

I can see another 0-4 tomorrow, unfortunately, with a shell shocked team on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

No. Bottom line is some of these players aren't good enough, forget about formations.

I wouldn't agree with that. A team that romped league 1 should be doing better than it is in the champ. I think our problem is our squad is just too small. Even if we had the same squad we finished last season with I think we'd be better off than we are now.

We desperately need more bodies in, even if of the same level as we currently have.

14 minutes ago, Middlesbrough Robin said:

Wade needs to offer himself a contract and get on the pitch!

Because a 37 year old bloke whose legs were going in the second half of a very successful season in League one and who hasn't trained or played in eight months is exactly what a struggling Championship team needs, eh?

The mistake was in not replacing him, Elliott doing some sort of Paul Scholes return now is not the answer.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Because a 36 year old bloke whose legs were going in the second half of a very successful season in League one and who hasn't trained or played in eight months is exactly what a struggling Championship team needs, eh?

The mistake was in not replacing him, Elliott doing some sort of Paul Scholes return now is not the answer.

It was said partially in jest, although it has not stopped us from using Wilbraham all season and I'm sure he has kept fit knocking around with the U21s.

It probably would have been better having him as a bit part player this season rather than having no cover for our midfield.

I don't think Cotterill had lost the support of the players so I don't think we'll see the usual "weight lifted from shoulders" effect. The players were giving their all and they're not going to miraculously improve overnight.

We might see some more sensible tactics and use of the squad but that's unlikely to have a positive effect in time for Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Preston wouldn't beat Middlesbrough tomorrow either. There squad is as bad as ours. 

I assumed "some of our players aren't good enough" was about the season generally because almost all of our players aren't good enough vs Boro.

We're in with a chance if there is a change of formation, and we score first.  I'm sure the players will be up for it and the atmosphere will be good.  The big test will be how the players respond if Boro are leading and what substitutions / formation changes  the new management team might make.  Even though this isn't a definite "yes" it's a more positive "possibly" than if Cotts was still here. 

(I've got to get off the fence now as I'm getting splinters in my bum)

Archived