IGNORED

would you take the job?

leadman

I think a decent manager would see it as a decent job.

plenty of cash in the kitty to buy someone.(wages might be a problem).

most managers have 2 or 3 players they can get in who want to play for them.

new stadium next season,

the new manager needs championship experience, we also need a squad who wont spit there dummy out and we need new blood quick.

Looking down this pages,looking at the betting pages. There are so many good managers who are sat at home, hoping for a phone call from a club in the premiership. If not in the Championship. Getting them back in the game. Of course if they do well here, who knows where that could lead to. What are the chances we will get one. Very small I should think.

Based on the way board dismissed Steve, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Saying that, the club now want a "Head Coach" rather than a "manager"......plenty of puppets out there that would dance to the tune of the Lansdowns', Dawe and their merry men I am sure

1 minute ago, HLR said:

Saying that, the club now want a "Head Coach" rather than a "manager"......plenty of puppets out there that would dance to the tune of the Lansdowns', Dawe and their merry men I am sure

How do you know 'the way the Board dismissed Steve'?

Genuinely interested, not having a pop.

There are conflicting stories out there - eg over the phone, face to face - but you know the manner in which he was sacked?

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

There are conflicting stories out there - eg over the phone, face to face - but you know the manner in which he was sacked?

To me it isn't just as simple as how he was told, it was the manner in which the board have gone about it. End of last season, more than happy to come out and take the praise, be in the limelight, take credit for how efficiently the club are run. This season, not a squeak. No public support of Cotterill, no answering of worries held by fans, suddenly they all scurried off back under their rocks. The reason for this seasons failure ultimately stops at the summers' recruitment / lack of squad depth. He has given everything to this club, I just don't feel it was fair he took the bullet with no one else taking any kind of responsibility - there is very little chance he was solely responsibly for the debacle.

The fact he also was charged with taking the presser yesterday is unprofessional as in my opinion. It is unlikely that the decision to sack him was made in the few hours between him taking it and statement being released - it will have already been pretty much agreed i'm sure. That in itself is just daft to me.

If, and it is a big if, the rumours of him being dismissed via phone are true, that just tops it off.

Anyway, he's gone, hope he is remembered at BCFC for all the right reasons

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

All I know is that he did a press conference as usual yesterday afternoon where he mentioned how he'd spent 5 hours with a potential signing only for it to be announced that he had been "relieved of his duties" just a few hours later.

Reminds me of when the board let McInnes buy Liam Kelly then sacked him just a few days after.

39 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Yes , i'd sign a nice contract , have a blast and be sacked in next to no time with a fat pay off .

Now , when do they hold the interviews ?

Can I be your assistant? I know plenty of useless players we could sign to ensure we're sacked ASAP 

40 minutes ago, HLR said:

I wonder why ? When we appointed SC as Manager and people commented on it as we had dropped the new "head coach" principle put in place they told us there was no difference, it's just a name. Of course one of the first things the new manager mentions is how he demanded full control... 

23 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I wonder why ? When we appointed SC as Manager and people commented on it as we had dropped the new "head coach" principle put in place they told us there was no difference, it's just a name. Of course one of the first things the new manager mentions is how he demanded full control... 

I don't personally believe in the idea of a head coach - not sure fc boards really even have a basic understanding of how to run a football club day to day.Therefore to me, "managers" make more sense than "head coach's". fair play to SC coming in and wanting day to day full control - i don't have an issue with that in the slightest. I worry more for the club if a head coach is appointed rather than a manager, I don't trust the board to make decent footballing decisions at all. There is definitely a difference jn job spec between two roles lets be fair.Too much control from the board will see us in even more of a mess personally. Only time will tell though I guess.

2 hours ago, HLR said:

To me it isn't just as simple as how he was told, it was the manner in which the board have gone about it. End of last season, more than happy to come out and take the praise, be in the limelight, take credit for how efficiently the club are run. This season, not a squeak. No public support of Cotterill, no answering of worries held by fans, suddenly they all scurried off back under their rocks. The reason for this seasons failure ultimately stops at the summers' recruitment / lack of squad depth. He has given everything to this club, I just don't feel it was fair he took the bullet with no one else taking any kind of responsibility - there is very little chance he was solely responsibly for the debacle.

The fact he also was charged with taking the presser yesterday is unprofessional as in my opinion. It is unlikely that the decision to sack him was made in the few hours between him taking it and statement being released - it will have already been pretty much agreed i'm sure. That in itself is just daft to me.

If, and it is a big if, the rumours of him being dismissed via phone are true, that just tops it off.

Anyway, he's gone, hope he is remembered at BCFC for all the right reasons

Nice post. I suppose it is difficult for a board to publicly support a manager who has won just four out of 28 games and ultimately at every club the manager is held responsible for the results. It's as simple as that. Managers should sort out all the parameters of their role when they are first interviewed for the job, so they know the boundaries in which they have to work. We will never know what Cotts was or wasn't promised when he took the job or whether he has been let down.

Archived