IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Middlesbrough Match Day Thread

A few quotes from the Boro forum:-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus.. people sure do go overboard on here. We have just come off a ridiculous run that was going to end at some point. Well played Bristol City by far the better team today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I said we'd concede today, I wasn't expecting it in the 96th minute though.

Got to say, listening to it Bristol City were the better team and deserved the win. Still gutted though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No need to panic, we're still top with a game in hand

Had to happen eventually. Sod's law that we would lose the easiest game we've had for a while on paper. Bristol dominated the second half and deserved the three points. We were out thought and out fought.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not nearly the first time this season we have received compliments from rival fans and managers  and we need to hang on to those thoughts for the games ahead.

• Like 5

Imagine the scene here in Southern Ontario, Canada.  Me upstairs following the game via this thread and Beeb.  My 9 year old son (Canadian born but BCFC supporting of course) in the basement following on the laptop while watching EPL on Tele.  Last update I see is 94th minute, City win a corner.  Next thing I hear is a big cheer coming from the basement.  Surely, it can't be, hit refresh, hurry up damn it - YES!!!  Big cheer now upstairs!  Followed by my son and mine's best ever jumping around the basement City moment!

He'll be wearing the City top underneath the playing top during his game this afternoon - we have practiced the celebration should he score :shifty:

• Like 7

Guuysssss I am so proud of our team ! The result made me very happy, finally I see a nice formation... tired of that "League one based formation from Cotts". Even if we lost against Rotherham I am sure that they are weaker than us and if we get 4 players until 30 january we should remain in this league :) 

Come on you reds, I wait for a good manager and some transfers :)

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Guuysssss I am so proud of our team ! The result made me very happy, finally I see a nice formation... tired of that "League one based formation from Cotts". Even if we lost against Rotherham I am sure that they are weaker than us and if we get 4 players until 30 january we should remain in this league :) 

Come on you reds, I wait for a good manager and some transfers :)

Don't think we'll see many transfers, unless they get a new boss in quickly, who works overtime until the 30th. Can't see us picking up 4 players in 14 days without a manager, in our position, regardless of the Boro result.

• Like 1

I was dreading today's game, but ended up enjoying it more than any other match this season. It was good to see that the team can  operate effectively in a different system with Bobby Reid and Wes Burns doing themselves enormous credit, but the thing that impressed me the most was seeing us going for the jugular in the last 10 mins and our absolute determination to win the ball back. Very refreshing. Smith and Ayling stood out for me, but every player performed really well.