IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v West Bromwich Albion Match Day Thread.

Ho hum.

WBA when they got ahead managed the game well. Real shame about what looked a soft goal. To be fair, really disappointed in WBA but they got what they wanted. Difficult to read to much in to our effort. On paper, given the changes we made, very decent effort. Equally, they really looked there for the taking.

Given some players a run out, rested some others. Missed Smith, and midfield looked weak on paper, and so it turned out. Reid not yet for me, but hard to judge in this game. Burns getting some good minutes under his belt, and Wilbs now a useful squad member.

Not in truth a great game. A result rationally I ought to feel pretty good about, having watched it, really disappointed.

On to the league!

Freeman was very poor, can't make a decent pass and lost the ball on many occasions.

Reid very good, I thought at least! Some naff deliveries but going forward with the ball he is brilliant, tried to get the ball moving quickly and has good vision.

Pack, amazing in the air, won lots, couldn't fault him.

Random person I will criticise is Little, guy is like a cat in headlights, and won almost nothing in the air, failed to recieve a simple pass on several occasions.

1 minute ago, LoyalRed said:

Were you watching the game or the stats ? We were terrible 

So terrible that an established premier league side created the same number of clear chances as we did?

A team thirty-something places above us, when we had several first team players out, a 19 year old debutant in goal, a first start of the season in Wagstaff, and our only defensive midfielder out of the game. 

Yes they didn't need to get out of first gear, but to suggest they slaughtered us is simply not true.

At the end of the day they were the better side, as they should have been. No complaints on the effort front here, they're simply a better team! Think it might have been a different proposition with Korey, Bryan and Kodjia starting.