IGNORED

Scott Golbourne - signing now confirmed

WayOutWest

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Under Danny Wilson we had loads...Phillips, Carey, Hill, Tommy D, Burnell, Aaron B, 

Unfortunately, we also played in the third tier. How many home grown players play at the higher level of the football pyramid? I reckon the best we could hope for would be a top of table third tier team with all local players. I once checked out the Rothmans book and counted the local players playing league football, from memory it was about 26, with the majority in the 3rd and 4th divisions. Liverpool had about 96, with most at the higher levels, with the north east by far out doing any other area.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Unfortunately, we also played in the third tier. How many home grown players play at the higher level of the football pyramid? I reckon the best we could hope for would be a top of table third tier team with all local players. I once checked out the Rothmans book and counted the local players playing league football, from memory it was about 26, with the majority in the 3rd and 4th divisions. Liverpool had about 96, with most at the higher levels, with the north east by far out doing any other area.

Eh? Liverpool had 96 local players playing league football but the total was 26??

Edit; ignore me, just re-read your post, I get it now! Sorry, tired!

4 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

And you are reliable because?

spoken to a wolves fan that knows the assistant first team analysis and he said golbourne spoke to Kenny Jacket today and the deal is apparently 99% done

Also Golbourne's misses just posted on Instagram this... 

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Kodjia said:

Yeah I have seen all the pictures and Wolves fans are saying he is all but out the door, but was wondering why you were so certain he was joining us.

I guess the assistant team analysis vice kit man groundsman is a reliable source though!

Just saying what I've been told mate, the bloke has no reason to lie 

30 minutes ago, Cobby said:

Should be confirmed in the next day or too according to my source , fee believed to be around £300,000

Hope this is true, we need some real full backs, rather than various people playing out of position , always been a solid player at this level , but looks like no future at Wolves , know his family and he's not been happy when left out this season .

3 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

That's nothing, I sold a cooker to Keith Fear's mum, and Keith was there too (SWEB on the Centre)

Top that smart ass :yawn: 

Norman Hunter gave me a number 1 (not wee wee) to put on my goalie shirt when he had his sport shop on the Gilda 

56 minutes ago, Cobby said:

spoken to a wolves fan that knows the assistant first team analysis and he said golbourne spoke to Kenny Jacket today and the deal is apparently 99% done

Also Golbourne's misses just posted on Instagram this... 

image.jpeg

Was the pic taken at the Avon Gorge Hotel? :ph34r:

Actually excited to have golbourne back. A solid, experienced, athletic defender capable of getting forward and a Bristol boy aswell. Will be in prime of his career at 27 and will definately improve on what we have.

it's going to be a fight on the left wing between Bryan, freeman, lad from QPR and even Kodjia. Lots of competition there as well as quality

13 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Would he be a good signing? Haven't seen him for, well since he was last here briefly...

I thought he looked really good against us this season. Maybe he upped his game though because he was playing us!  Local lad, current championship experience in a solid team, at a very good price, have to say it sounds like a cracking bit of business by the management. Two in one day!! Dare I say it but things seem to be really looking up. 

Archived