IGNORED

The Official Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day Thread

3 hours ago, Offside said:

It might be 373 years since the Battle of Leeds but it also feels that long since we got anything up there. Have we beaten them since that cup tie when Gillies scored?

I've only been to see City play there once (2010-ish when Nicky Hunt had one of several performances that rank along the worst I've seen in a City shirt) - it's a good weekend away so I'm envious of the City fans at the game today.

Hoping for a win - it would be nice to get out of the bottom three asap.

That Nicky Hunt game at Leeds was ridiculous. Winning 1-0 when he came on with about 20 min left I think, lost 3-1 iirc? It's the only time I've ever watched a match and can genuinely say that it was rank incompetence of a single player that lost us a game. I was in a box with a load of Leeds fans. The copious free booze compensated slightly

The only comparable performance in recent times was Fontaine at Sheff Wed under McInnes. An awful match between two awful teams and Fonts played like they'd picked up a drifter at Woodhall Servies on the way up. We won 3-2 though, Albert scoring a free kick at the death

I would like to see Freeman on the left as well but he's played in the middle twice for us and Wagstaff on the left once with JB in the other. Quite clear he's seen as a central midfielder in an attacking role. I'm sure he'll roam a bit and he and Gladwin will interchange but Freeman is very much seen as a central player.