IGNORED

Graphic Novels to read before you Die

KURTZ

Going for a more modern look on books I've enjoyed rather than stating the classics that everyone goes for:

Chew  vol1-
Fairy Quest: Outlaws
Gates' of Gotham
God Hates Astronauts
Hush
Invincible vol1-
Porcelain: A Gothic Fairy Tale
Rasputin
Sheltered
Trillium

On 1/23/2016 at 17:44, Robbored said:

If you want a graphic/moving WW1 novel then I would reccomend Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks. Beautifully written and if it doesn't shock and bring a tear to your eye then your not human.

Don't think you will beat "it was the war of the trenches" - Tardi

I also like a lot of the classic Dredd ones (Necropolis etc) - V for Vendetta is a good read - better than the film, anything by Will Eisner will be good

1 hour ago, Markman said:

Don't think you will beat "it was the war of the trenches" - Tardi

I also like a lot of the classic Dredd ones (Necropolis etc) - V for Vendetta is a good read - better than the film, anything by Will Eisner will be good

Used to read 2000AD when it first came out, but have never got around to reading any of the Dredd books.

The Preacher series and The Boys by Garth Ennis are excellent, albeit not for the easily offended. also try The Sandman series by Neil Gaiman for a deeply strange read. I would also add my own recommendations to The Dark Knight, Killing Joke and Watchmen that other posters have mentioned earlier.

A lot of decent comic series get published as graphic novels which makes them far more accessible (unless like me you actually enjoy rummaging through comic shops).

I'd recommend Frank Miller's Sin City series, particularly 'That Yellow Bastard'. Also some of the older Batman series: 'a Death in the Family' is a classic as is 'Judgement in Gotham' which is illustrated by one of my favourite artists Simon Bisley.

Am also reading a brilliant series published by Image called Saga. I think they've grouped the comics together as graphic novels - I'd be surprised if a big TV/Movie studio doesn't buy rights to this soon a la the Walking Dead. It's going to be the next big thing - you've read it here first!

Archived