IGNORED

River v Boca

Malago

7 minutes ago, Malago said:

Five sent off, three from Boca, two from River.  An absolute war apparently.  Even Tevez, whose playing again for Boca, said it was a disgrace,. To cap it all, it was a summer break "friendly"

As an aside River won 1-0.

It's bloody scary around the Boca stadium. One of those places where you don't get off the open topped bus

6 minutes ago, reddoc said:

It's bloody scary around the Boca stadium. One of those places where you don't get off the open topped bus

Boca Juniors v River Plate is one of those games that you dream of going to. Unfortunately because of the danger you describe there reddoc that's probably all it will remain. Shame. 

11 minutes ago, lenred said:

Boca Juniors v River Plate is one of those games that you dream of going to. Unfortunately because of the danger you describe there reddoc that's probably all it will remain. Shame. 

Probably be ok at River Plate, seems fine around there, but Boca had little kids with knives running after the bus at midday. So I decided not to visit the club shop. Guessing all of those that went to Leeds on the train yesterday are asking what's new about that, but each to their own.

17 minutes ago, lenred said:

Aston Villa v Bristol City is one of the games I dream of going to. Sigh

1 hour ago, reddoc said:

I don't know if you've ever been but it is a bloody incredible stadium and going to a game is an even better experience. Had a slightly hairy moment buying tickets but would definitely go again if I ever found myself in Argentina!

17 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I don't know if you've ever been but it is a bloody incredible stadium and going to a game is an even better experience. Had a slightly hairy moment buying tickets but would definitely go again if I ever found myself in Argentina!

No, neither were playing over the period I was there. Would chance River Plate, but no way would I have the balls for Boca. Having said that love the stadium, cost a fortune to repaint it if they changed the kit.

17 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

What was the hairy moment mate?

We bought tickets from a tout in La Boca, the area in which the stadium is situated. He made us pick them up from someones house where we met a couple of other tourists there. Ended up putting our driving licenses down as a deposit as it turned out they were season tickets and had to be returned after the game. The other tourists ended up having their tickets confiscated on the gate but we made it through. I'm sure they had a pretty awkward conversation when they returned!

I managed to watch a Flamengo game at the Maracana the same year, also an awesome experience and definitely a lot less intimidating!

Archived