IGNORED

Police Patrol On Matchdays

Pickle Rick

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

This is a great big joke now.  The stadium has been there for bloody ages - that hasn't changed.  The number of cars being used to ferry fans to the ground probably hasn't changed much either.  What has changed is that residents themselves probably now own twice as many vehicles as they used to.

Why don't they focus on solving the increase in parking and traffic from other causes.

What your missing is that the number of residents has increased dramatically in the last 5 or 6 years.

In part due to the ever increasing flats being built on old car lots and warehouses etc. Not to mention houses being split into 2 to 3 flats.

Ontop of this 1 car families have moved out being replaced by 3 or 4 car owning young professionals.

The area has changed significantly and still is. The problem is a symptom of the changes to the areas demographic.

2 hours ago, Scrumpy said:

Let this be a warning to all-a-yeeeee!

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/police-ramp-up-parking-patrols/

Park sensibly now or the PCSO's will getcha.

Starting from Brum match Saturday and enforced until end of the season.

This is f***ing amazing. There are areas in this City where anti social youths run riot and cause misery and yet there are no PCSO or police available. Yet miraculous more PCSO are found to enforce parking at Ashton Gate. This is clearly political motivated by George Ferguson anti car and anti Bristol City stance.

The residents who live around Duckmoor Road have lived with the stadium for years with no problem why are they complaining now. I suggest that is not people affected by the parking are complaining but its Red Pants middle class green supporters encouraged by Ferguson to launch the anti City campaign.

Please remember this come may and vote this toss pot out of office or before long he will have a two mile car exclusion zone around Ashton Gate on match days.

This is where the Club, which seems to have appointed a 'manager' for just about every aspect of life, should be ensuring     that a positive message always accompanies a negative one. Just basic communication skills.

So... Please don't park in these locations or you'll be prosecuted, always be mindful of local residents and emergency access needs ..... but as we appreciate that 75% of you have little alternative but travel by car here's a list of places to park, prices, distance from ground and this is what we're doing to make your life easier in the future. 

30 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

How would they like it if people park cars over dropped kerbs as it legal to as long as your not stoping a car get off the drive it ok to stop them going on this would give us more parking and give the police an head ache 

Fairly sure the parking over a dropped kerb has been an offence in Bristol since 2010. Regardless of if a car is in situ on a driveway or not  Believe the fine to be seventy quid.

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Fairly sure the parking over a dropped kerb has been an offence in Bristol since 2010. Regardless of if a car is in situ on a driveway or not  Believe the fine to be seventy quid.

Can confirm that BR as I got a ticket for it just before Christmas! (I didn't know that it was an offence) 

This is pretty simple. 

Park safely and legally and you've not got a problem. Laws are there for a reason. If a few parking tickets save one person from a horrible accident because of lack of vision at a junction then they're worthwhile in my book. 

I'm not sure I get the frustration. The police will always listen to the priorities of a neighbourhood. It's how to make the majority of residents happy. They're clearly having repeated complaints about parking so they're trying to address it to make their constituents happy. 

However much i disagree, 'go out there and arrest drug dealers and rapists' will never figure as prominently as 'stop people parking like idiots' or 'enforce people to clean up their dog shit' in feedback from residents. 

I cannot stress enough, park legally and you won't have an issue. 

My father and I have given up the stresses of driving to The Gate and swapped it for the bus.  I'd love to say it's been pleasant but sadly it hasn't.  The actual bus journey can be done in a similar time to driving but it's the attitude and  customer service of bus drivers leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.  

Whilst walking around AG some of the parking is laughable and dangerous and the involvement of local plod doesn't surprise me at all.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

PCSOs will be asking drivers to open their boots to make sure that no alcohol is being smuggled in to the BS3 region.

They have seen the work 'safe and sound' do, and with them having a similar level of authority they thought they'd give it a go.

Dunno why 'Safe and Sound' get criticism on here tbh. Yes rules is rules but they are polite enough and do a solid job in my experience.

1 hour ago, gamon said:

What your missing is that the number of residents has increased dramatically in the last 5 or 6 years.

In part due to the ever increasing flats being built on old car lots and warehouses etc. Not to mention houses being split into 2 to 3 flats.

Ontop of this 1 car families have moved out being replaced by 3 or 4 car owning young professionals.

The area has changed significantly and still is. The problem is a symptom of the changes to the areas demographic.

Wonder if increase in student population is also a factor here. Students to come to Bristol tend to be rich, not uncommon for them to drive, and in varied cases also tend to be of the liberal left type people describe. And this population has risen sharply in recent years, wonder how many are the NIMBY type especially those who stay on.

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Dunno why 'Safe and Sound' get criticism on here tbh. Yes rules is rules but they are polite enough and do a solid job in my experience.

Fair play for basing your company name on pretty naff 90's slang. I'm gonna start a business called "Reem and Mazeballs". Not sure what we're going to do, mind. 

9 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Not according to this:

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/blue-badge-scheme-a-guide-for-badge-holders

See:  "Where can a badge not be used?"

Oh ok then I'll play along..!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252

Straight from the Highway Code Rule 243 (applies to all vehicles)

8 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I think you win this one. Although it's worth noting that it is an offence to parking causing unnecessary obstruction which doesn't have specific guidelines. 

I remember the days we used to go out and issue those tickets as impressionable youngsters. 

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to the people of Birmingham that received my tickets way back then. I was a ****. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think you win this one. Although it's worth noting that it is an offence to parking causing unnecessary obstruction which doesn't have specific guidelines. 

I remember the days we used to go out and issue those tickets as impressionable youngsters. 

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to the people of Birmingham that received my tickets way back then. I was a ****. 

Love it!

Must remember to bring this along Saturday......

image.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

31 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

That is a guide for Northern Ireland.

Apologies.

You're correct, to be sure!

But also remember that double yellow lines mean no parking at all, at all.

1 minute ago, Redtucks said:

Apologies.

You're correct, to be sure!

But also remember that double yellow lines mean no parking at all, at all.

Yes boss, although you can park at Yellow lines when unloading unless there are signs or kerb markings indicating otherwise.

(Sorry ;))

No problem with parking legally, but I hope those PCSO's will crack down on the residents using their own cones (not the official Police or council ones) and dustbins etc placed in the road to prevent people parking when they already have off street parking themselves. 

Also at the last home match I noticed a new tactic on a road very close to the ground. Residents had placed vehicles staggered in the road, making it almost impossible for a car to get through, never mind anything larger. It was the only thing parked like this, it was an old style range rover, and looked like it had fresh damage to the back side/lights area when I saw it later in the day.

On Boxing Day, when legally parked a relation had a handwritten note left on her car. It basically said not to park there again, that she was being watched and they had her registration number etc. obviously it wasn't signed, and as she was at a side of a house she couldn't really tell who had left it anyway. She had returned back to her car a little time after the match so didn't see if others parked there had the same note as they had already left. Very cowardly.

18 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

This is pretty simple. 

Park safely and legally and you've not got a problem. Laws are there for a reason. If a few parking tickets save one person from a horrible accident because of lack of vision at a junction then they're worthwhile in my book. 

I'm not sure I get the frustration. The police will always listen to the priorities of a neighbourhood. It's how to make the majority of residents happy. They're clearly having repeated complaints about parking so they're trying to address it to make their constituents happy. 

However much i disagree, 'go out there and arrest drug dealers and rapists' will never figure as prominently as 'stop people parking like idiots' or 'enforce people to clean up their dog shit' in feedback from residents. 

The main problem in Southville is that there are now less parking spaces because of the lines they've painted. On my road alone they've eliminated around 10-12 spaces alone by putting double yellow lines in places where it's perfectly safe to park. That's undoubtedly putting more of a strain on matchday parking in the area. I don't drive, but some of my neighbours who work late have a job to find a space on the street, and that's without incoming football fans trying to park. I sympathise with them all here. I sympathise with the police too, caught between residents who are rightly angry (though some might argue that their anger would be better directed at those who have failed to put adequate parking and transportation in place for City games) and supporters who are faced with an absolute nightmare in trying to park legally on a matchday.

I understand that the police have to address residents' complaints, but this situation was so avoidable and still would be with adequate public transportation in place. Our glorious leader can't expect to push people away from their cars without putting a viable alternative in place first. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to care.

Some of this is a bit off-topic from your post, but it all feeds into the same. You can't park legally if there are no spaces.

When the plans were approved to build a 27,000 seater stadium, there must have been a transport strategy to go with it. Anyone seen it or know what it says?

All I can see is ever-dwindling parking options, no significant increase in public transport capacity, and a potential for larger crowds than we have seen for many years. Just how exactly is it going to work?

19 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

This is pretty simple. 

I agree with you broadly speaking Fordy, but the problem is I just don't see how the addition of double yellow lines is justified or reasonable in many cases.

We used to park on the underpass, where the end of Winterstoke Road sweeps under Brunel Way and then joins it (near the old bowling site). There was plenty of space for parking down one side and traffic on the other. It didn't block driveways or cause any access issues. Why therefore was it made double yellows? What did this achieve other than making life difficult for the many people who parked there on a matchday?

This sort of action has increased the problem in residential areas.

20 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

This is pretty simple. 

How about entering peoples property in say Coventry and then posting photographs online, what future chief constable came up with that doozy?.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

When the plans were approved to build a 27,000 seater stadium, there must have been a transport strategy to go with it. Anyone seen it or know what it says?

All I can see is ever-dwindling parking options, no significant increase in public transport capacity, and a potential for larger crowds than we have seen for many years. Just how exactly is it going to work?

This. 

I have written to the Mayor and requested how he perceives the Club and BCCC can work together to ensure the parking issue is not a reason that would prevent fans supporting your local team. 

Particularly important in the event the team are successful.

Archived