IGNORED

Are We Brewing?

Pickle Rick

Yes, it is taking a little time to hire a new manager/head coach (same shit). It's not long until the end of the transfer window...

Is it possible that a big appointment is immenant, however.... Signings need to be confirmed along with the appointment?!?

Without a single word answer, do you think Lansdown is looking at a 'big time' appointment plus some managerial signings in one go?

What I'm getting at, is players only signing (in principle) if the manager signs too. Like a combination. Money isn't exactly a problem, is it....

<awaits anti climax appointment>

No jest.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

With the word 'brewing' in the title, I thought it was another tea lady topic.

Haha, not on this occasion. Sorry to disappoint.

Just wandering that SL might open the cheque book, Premier League ambitions 'n' all that....

Lansdown either goes for it or pussys out for a poorer option, keeping us tinpot in this league.

23 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

Yes, it is taking a little time to hire a new manager/head coach (same shit). It's not long until the end of the transfer window...

Is it possible that a big appointment is immenant, however.... Signings need to be confirmed along with the appointment?!?

Without a single word answer, do you think Lansdown is looking at a 'big time' appointment plus some managerial signings in one go?

What I'm getting at, is players only signing (in principle) if the manager signs too. Like a combination. Money isn't exactly a problem, is it....

<awaits anti climax appointment>

No jest.

No!

I think it will be Pembo, IF we were interviewing any of the high profile candidates it would have found its way into the media by now........similarly if we have approached someone in work it would also have leaked out as the agents always make sure the media know to either alert other clubs or get their man a payrise for staying put - that's their job. Remember we all knew McInnes and Mark Robbins had been interviewed.......

It's Pembo.

I'm hoping you're right and my gut feeling is that we can't be messing it up so royally - surely we're just going through a time consuming procedure to make sure we get the right man and SL has come back for the final bits. I agree it is conceivable that new players have asked who the new manager will be and will only sign once it has been confirmed. 

Take Federico Marcheda for example, if he has asked the question and been told x and y (Moyes, Pearson, Sherwood etc) are our favoured options then surely it would be understandable that he waits for that to be confirmed just in case it turns out to be z (Pembo or Tisdale etc)?

Expect a player and manager from Exeter if SL decides "to splash out" or go with what we have if he don't.

I`m going on the expect the worse and you wont be disappointed plan, how long ago was SC sacked? striker and manager still required f.f.s. :grr:

That's the big question though. As with every appointment the level of manager appointed shows very clearly what the medium term plan is.

If it's Moyes then he will only have come with the promise of a big budget to make the Premiership so pop those premium cider corks.

Pearson would want a half-decent budget too so that would also tell you something.

A L1, L2 manager or Neil Warnock would be mostly expected to work with what we have so no getting excited then.

7 hours ago, RedDave said:

As another thread suggested, we aren't taking a long time to appoint someone

I'm not saying we are taking a long time. There would surely be more incentive though to get it done before the transfer window shuts.... I guess if we hire someone who wants to bring in a couple of players, there's always the loan window ;)

I have been wondering whether our new manager /coach will be appointed when it's too late for the transfer window. This will prevent the new man bringing in expensive panic buys and make use of the loan market to improve our existing squad until the end of the season. At that time, if we stay up, preferred players can be brought in. 

Personally, through process of elimination I think the 'biggest' name it could be is Garry Monk. He is on record as saying he wants to get back in the hot seat asap, although in the Premier League. Well, to my knowledge our vacant job is the biggest in English football currently available and so if we made him an offer he'd have to consider it on that basis.

He may well still say 'no' though.

I don't think we're on the verge of appointing a big name, unfortunately. I think we're struggling to sign players permanently, let alone a manager.

I think we are brewing upto the endgame of one of the biggest cluster**** seasons I can remember, I have no faith in them signing a decent manager or any players permanently, we have afterall signed two in 18 months, two in 18 FFS! one of which didnt last a month, now we expect (no need) three or four in less than a week, its not going to happen is it. I fully expect pembo to the end of the season (I think he speaks well but isnt the answer), maybe one desperation permanent signing we pay well over the odds for, another loan or two if we are allowed of someone elses shit they dont want and the trapdoor beckons to league one. I hope im wrong I really really do.

What is the Garry Monk love in on here - was going to sign as a player and save us and now he's being touted as a possible manager. After what? A season and a bit at Swansea and then the sack after 1 win from 11 in the PL.

Would be very underwhelmed if he is appointed. 

6 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Expect a player and manager from Exeter if SL decides "to splash out" or go with what we have if he don't.

I`m going on the expect the worse and you wont be disappointed plan, how long ago was SC sacked? striker and manager still required f.f.s. :grr:

Near the truth old boy I feel. I think future history will show SL is not the saviour everyone thinks he is,granted he has bankrolled our losses for which I for one like others are grateful, but the board is still a one man band with him making the major decisions which cannot be questioned and his mistakes are creeping up, I hope I am wrong but we arent exactly setting the footballing world alight are we ??

13 hours ago, Scrumpy said:

Just wandering that SL might open the cheque book, Premier League ambitions 'n' all that....

Lansdown either goes for it or pussys out for a poorer option, keeping us tinpot in this league.

I wonder How many would take 'tin pot city staying in this league' right now

I do like the warm and fuzzy feeling day dreamjng Of your brewing scenario so i Am chooSing to believe It

2 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Near the truth old boy I feel. I think future history will show SL is not the saviour everyone thinks he is,granted he has bankrolled our losses for which I for one like others are grateful, but the board is still a one man band with him making the major decisions which cannot be questioned and his mistakes are creeping up, I hope I am wrong but we arent exactly setting the footballing world alight are we ??

SL is Bristol Sport and Bristol City FC those he employs aren't doing there jobs or he`d be left in retirement peace.

Is there anyone below him for example who can decide what our salary cap is as there must be one, or how much is available for transfers etc if not hes wasting his time employing them.  The mysterious Mr Dawe? is it? chairman is he? wouldn't recognise him if I passed him in the street guy, what does he the chairman do ?

I don't know only been here for 50yrs, SL,JL and Scotty (Dolly`s fancy man) I`d know the rest :dunno:

The absolute nightmare scenario is developing here.

While I thought it was a correct decision to dispense (with a heavy heart) with Cotts at the time, I'm now seriously doubting the wisdom of that decision.

Like I thought the Club may have exploded on to the transfer market on Day 1 of the window, only to be bitterly disappointed, the lack of any sign of a manager with the transfer window closing and all our loan options used up now leaves me gobsmacked by the Cotts decision. As much as Cotts lacked Plan B, the Club seem to lack 'Plan'.

Are we realistically going to get a 'high profile' manager when his hands are completely tied on the transfer front and we have a team of players that have managed to put the Club in a relegation position?

Just can't see that happening. So Pembs or the bloke from Exeter it will be. Classic City.

Archived