IGNORED

Warnock on talksport

castle red

50 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Obviously all jokes etc, but reading between the lines you could certainly assume city and warnock have the very least been in touch.

9 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

So he basically said, great atmosphere and fans, I haven't had any contact from the club, but I will be busy working for the next few weeks?

So reading between the lines I think we can definitely assume that Colin will be eating mainly horseradish this week, is going to watch Star Wars for the 2nd time, is popping to Nemptnet Thrubwell to visit is relative, will wear his favourite blue trackie and will be sitting down with his old mucker, Stevie L for a cuppa to discuss the good ol' days.

Funny how people hear things / interpret them differently !!

NW clearly stated he'd had no contact from club (Could be lying of course) but said he'd not

Said a couple of nice things about club but I've heard him talk about us before and he was more enthusiastic about us previously

I heard it as 'nothing to hear here' 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Funny how people hear things / interpret them differently

NW clearly stated he'd had no contact from club (Could be lying of course) but said he'd not

Said a couple of nice things about club but I've heard him talk about us before and he was more enthusiastic about us previously

I heard it as 'nothing to hear here' 

:fingerscrossed::pray:

4 minutes ago, tommytank1985 said:

Don't know if anyone is still listening but Brazil is giving him a right ribbing over it. 

As I've said I can't see him being a choice of Mark Ashton

But, as you say Brazil keeps pulling his leg and NW is being very quiet and avoiding all digs !!

hmmmmmm

Brazil also suggested to NW earlier that it would 'suit him till the end of the season'

Perhaps I'm reading too much into the exchanges !!    # relegationcrisisfever

I didn't hear the piece but it possibly speaks volumes, judging from reports on here, that he didn't rule himself out and stated he will be doing something for the next few weeks. He could easily, politician wise, get himself out of the not been approached statement by saying that he has not been approached in terms of the full time managerial vacancy. City have someone else in mind for that in the summer if we stay up. But he has been approached about helping City on a temporary basis, until the end of the season.

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

Really? His last 2 jobs Leeds then Palace he was dire, left both struggling near the foot of the table.

Leeds are a basket case club, so you can't really use that against him. Palace were just outside the relegation zone when he left so he hardly left them 10 points adrift.

That's two jobs in 20 odd years though, if you go through every club he's been at, bar the two the mentioned he's done a good job. Just seems a no brainer to me.

I don't know if, given the long long wait we seem to be having here that we are reading too much into these things but, if you compare what Stuart Pearce said a few days ago on Talk Sport with Warnock today. Pearce said he'd had no communication with the club. That tends to suggest he's not applied and the club haven't contacted him. Warnock however, stated that he'd heard nothing from the club. Now that doesn't rule out Warnock having applied for the position but not having heard anything back yet.

Reading too much into it? Maybe but for crying out loud City, Either poop or get off the toilet !!! 

I listened to the last half hour on Talksport and I think he would take the job as he was shying away from all City related jobs from Brazil. Didn't want to burn any bridges.

If not full term, there is probably no-one better at this point. Great knowledge of the Championship, good connections - even if he comes in alongside Pemberton, I can only see a positive from appointing him at this point. Come on Steve Lansdown, call him!!!!!

He also mentioned earlier he thought we were 'waiting to see if we got a couple of results'

May have just been his opinion as a pundit but IF he has any indication of this suggests

either

1) 'Somebody' (Not NW) has said - 'pick up a bit / improve your position and I'll consider / take it'

2) 'Someone' (NW) has been spoken to about the possibility of him coming in short term if Pembo looks like he's struggling

I have no more knowledge than anyone else but I can start to smell a 2)

Starting to wonder whether they will bring in NW to help JP as a 'consultant' type if results remain poor

On the other hand perhaps I shouldn't be over analysing a show on Talksport !!!! :o

3 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

I listened to the last half hour on Talksport and I think he would take the job as he was shying away from all City related jobs from Brazil. Didn't want to burn any bridges.

If not full term, there is probably no-one better at this point. Great knowledge of the Championship, good connections - even if he comes in alongside Pemberton, I can only see a positive from appointing him at this point. Come on Steve Lansdown, call him!!!!!

Apparently 'the Chairman' has.

4 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Heard him talk about us before, he loves the Championship and has admitted his temp stint at QPR made him want to go again

If he was offered it till end of season I am absolutely certain he'd jump at the chance

Also think he'd come if it was to help JP

From what I heard it sounds like he has applied and is waiting to hear back. If he hadn't applied or didn't want the job he would have said so (ala Pearce).  If I was betting man I would say he could be our man until the end of the season with a nice big bonus to keep us up and then re-access in the Summer.

Seems like a good option to me. I would be very confident he could keep us up even with the squad we have now. 

Archived