IGNORED

Warnock on talksport

castle red

8 minutes ago, cynic said:

Like he did at QPR ?

Les Ferdinand is quite open about his negative opinion of old Colin.

Colin doesn't understand that role and would just stab Pemberton in the back and take over.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3314982/QPR-locked-power-struggle-Les-Ferdinand-Neil-Warnock-Championship-club-decide-new-manager.html

Interesting Cynic  - havnt read that before

Not great if lacking in any detail save the alleged dressing room b*********g

Having Heard Warnock a lot in last 12 months I think he would preferred Les Ferdinands role rather than the managers - don't know if this is relevant to the NW / LF rift

Think your point is valid tho - In the slight chance it could happen it would have to be done with JPs full agreement IMO and some indication that they could work together

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So reading between the lines I think we can definitely assume that Colin will be eating mainly horseradish this week, is going to watch Star Wars for the 2nd time, is popping to Nemptnet Thrubwell to visit is relative, will wear his favourite blue trackie and will be sitting down with his old mucker, Stevie L for a cuppa to discuss the good ol' days.

Lots of "reading between the lines" going on today.

I've read my horoscope, checked my tea leaves, had the tarot cards read and my palm, consulted a soothsayer, a mystic and a clairvoyant and none of them give any clue as to who will be our next manager.

P.S. bumped into Steve Lansdown coming out of the gypsy tarot reader's tent!

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Lots of "reading between the lines" going on today.

I've read my horoscope, checked my tea leaves, had the tarot cards read and my palm, consulted a soothsayer, a mystic and a clairvoyant and none of them give any clue as to who will be our next manager.

P.S. bumped into Steve Lansdown coming out of the gypsy tarot reader's tent!

That's basically how Betfred, William Hill work. So why can't we!

13 minutes ago, Robbie_Turner said:

I get the impression some of the bigger names approached dont want a relegation on their CV and therefore want to see how things pan out - maybe a temporary manager till the end of the season till they decide if to throw their hat into the ring, if of course we are still in the Championship

I listen to Talksport daily and certainly this season every time we are mentioned it seems to be in jest or in a "surely you can't be serious?" manner.

I think it all stems from the ridiculous last minute desperate £9 million bids over the summer.

All I got from the whole thing is that Warnock is 2/1 Brazil knows he doesn't want to touch the City managers just job with a barge pole, and so they are ribbing him big time.

When City were offering the £9 millions Brazil was treating a potential move to Ashton Gate being a step backwards for anyone.

What I heard today was more of the same "Tinpot League 1 yo-yo club from a rugby city who should almalgamate with the other Bristol club if they ever want any chance of being taken seriously" attitude.

As a passionate City fan I was embarrassed and switched off. 

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I listen to Talksport daily and certainly this season every time we are mentioned it seems to be in jest or in a "surely you can't be serious?" manner.

I think it all stems from the ridiculous last minute desperate £9 million bids over the summer.

All I got from the whole thing is that Warnock is 2/1 Brazil knows he doesn't want to touch the City managers just job with a barge pole, and so they are ribbing him big time.

When City were offering the £9 millions Brazil was treating a potential move to Ashton Gate being a step backwards for anyone.

What I heard today was more of the same "Tinpot League 1 yo-yo club from a rugby city who should almalgamate with the other Bristol club if they ever want any chance of being taken seriously" attitude.

As a passionate City fan I was embarrassed and switched off. 

I am not sure I heard it that way, but each to their own opinion.

2 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

I am not sure I heard it that way, but each to their own opinion.

If you had heard Brazil earlier this season when we bid for Gayle and Andre Gray and listened to the way he spoke about Bristol City then you would get the full picture.

Even Jeff Stelling made a comment about Bristol City sacking Cotterill last Saturday in a manner that suggested strongly that City think they are a bigger club than they are.

A few more losses and we will be the butt of everyone's jokes after royally cocking it right up yet again following promotion.

Here is the reality check......People outside of Bristol without the rose tinted specs on see City as nailed on relegation candidates. They don't want to come to the club, go down, and then have to move on. Managers know what the merry go round is like, and not many clubs will want to touch a manager who has taken a club down as his last job on his CV.

It's Pembo until the end of the season and I will hold my hands up and apologise if I am wrong.

On the plus side I have heard Pembo a few times on interviews and he is hungry and wants a foot in the door, wants the job, and wants to stay at the club. He's no Benny Lennartson that's for sure and I for one would rather have someone at the helm who is hungry for success rather than a nomad who doesn't give a toss and who are not prepared to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

And me.

And a thanks but no thanks from me too. I would find it very hard to cheer him and support him as a manager. I can imagine if introduced a chorus of boos ringing out or at best a wall of silence. The Board won't want that, and God knows what it would do to the players either.

Certain things should never be put together, Bristol City and Warnock is one of them.

I remember an interview with Alan Brazil once, I think that Ashton Gate was one of the first grounds he played at with Celtic Boys (if that's what they were called) and was very complimentary about us.....I guess this was when he was doing a bit of commentating for Sky many years ago, so there's a fair chance his opinion of the club could have changed since then

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

And a thanks but no thanks from me too. I would find it very hard to cheer him and support him as a manager. I can imagine if introduced a chorus of boos ringing out or at best a wall of silence. The Board won't want that, and God knows what it would do to the players either.

Certain things should never be put together, Bristol City and Warnock is one of them.

What do the players want, another manager who gives them too long to learn, picks them when he shouldn't and lets them get away with below average performances! One of City's big problems is we are too nice! Warnock wont come anyway as Landsdown only employs yes men who wont rock the boat

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

So you would prefer Pemberton?

1 minute ago, Super said:

That's the crux of it, Super

Nothing against Pembo whatsoever, but we need someone who has been there, seen it and done it. Warnock until the end of the season makes the most sense, I get people don't like him, I'm a long way from his biggest fan - but if it came down to a straight choice, and unexperienced manager vs Warnock, if the club has any ambition, then there can only be one winner

That being said, I'd love it if they could talk Pearson into it, but I'm not holding out much hope there....

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I actually like the bloke Dolly and could do us a (short term) job

but to put your mind at rest

Hes never a Mark Ashton man, and I would doubt SLs

So I think you can rest easy ;)

why do we want any ambitious manager to take us to the prem, would be more Prawn Sandwiches on SL matchday account...perish the thought, happy and snug as yo yo -ers - chsp-lge 1:mf_sleep:

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Nothing against Pembo whatsoever, but we need someone who has been there, seen it and done it. Warnock until the end of the season makes the most sense, I get people don't like him, I'm a long way from his biggest fan - but if it came down to a straight choice, and unexperienced manager vs Warnock, if the club has any ambition, then there can only be one winner

That being said, I'd love it if they could talk Pearson into it, but I'm not holding out much hope there....

he has turned us down.....fact

14 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I remember an interview with Alan Brazil once, I think that Ashton Gate was one of the first grounds he played at with Celtic Boys (if that's what they were called) and was very complimentary about us.....I guess this was when he was doing a bit of commentating for Sky many years ago, so there's a fair chance his opinion of the club could have changed since then

Fairly sure he made his debut for Ipswich at AG.

1 minute ago, Super said:

No. I don't think he is the answer either. Worked with 2 managers who have since left. Millen all over I think, a good steady, unspectacular number two but not the fresh eyes and ideas we need. If a role were found for him within the club that's fair but I don't think we can expect another manager who would need to be a quality one to work with someone else's number 2.

Obvious who my choice would be, but that's not happening. So realistically we should be looking for someone outside the club with Championship experience ,even if we go down ,as hopefully we will need the tools in place again soon to do the job properly next time. I think he will have to be someone known and respected to really make us attractive again. Yes, I'm expecting he won't be cheap, but I feel we must spend big and spend wisely this time. We all like to save money but somethings you can't skimp on or it affects everything else.

8 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

It's a no brainer mate. I am not that keen either but fairly sure he would keep us up that is all that matters.

19 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don't understand this viewpoint. I've given plenty of stick to Warnock over the years but that doesn't put me off having him as City manager. I also aint convinced he'd get booed either - there's quite a lot of fans on here who can see the logic in appointing him, at least on a short-term basis. His track record in this division far outweighs any City-related incidents in the past. He's been very complimentary of us as a club and even took being lamped by a City fan after the play-off semi against Palace quite well.

There are certain managers who should never be anywhere near the City job - Ian Holloway for example. Warnock is a bit of plonker sometimes, but so was our last manager, and he gave us our best season for 60 years. I can think of far worse appointments we could make.

2 minutes ago, RedJim said:

I don't understand this viewpoint. I've given plenty of stick to Warnock over the years but that doesn't put me off having him as City manager. I also aint convinced he'd get booed either - there's quite a lot of fans on here who can see the logic in appointing him, at least on a short-term basis. His track record in this division far outweighs any City-related incidents in the past. He's been very complimentary of us as a club and even took being lamped by a City fan after the play-off semi against Palace quite well.

There are certain managers who should never be anywhere near the City job - Ian Holloway for example. Warnock is a bit of plonker sometimes, but so was our last manager, and he gave us our best season for 60 years. I can think of far worse appointments we could make.

No problem. You have your opinion and I have mine. Seriously, I do think you are a better person than I though as you can see the positives and 'forgive'.

I'm a stubborn so and so, don't forgive and forget easily. Yes it's been my downfall at times, but I've also made some great decisions by following my instinct. My instinct is in this case that I don't want Warnock at my club.

The trouble is Red M that we aren't appealing enough to those managers in our current position. At the start of a new season at Championship level yes. But they don't want to risk a relegation on their CV. It seems therefore that we either get a Red Adair type figure in to get us out of this inferno, i.e. Warnock, or stick with JP and run the very big risk of playing League 1 football again next season. It seems you would much prefer the latter to the former but a lot of us don't and will cheer Warnock to the hilt if he comes down here and works his magic on a short term basis.

Archived