IGNORED

HAS NTTDS MET HIS MATCH?

PHILINFRANCE

6 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Refuse to open the link due to it being that disgusting rag - however I have seen the arcticle in question on another site (if it's the same one, but judging by the title it is). Who can blame him?! No need to be there for a certain time so crammed a trip to Berlin in. 

Great work!

I think this is a brilliant idea. I need to get to Manchester next month but don't really fancy paying £100+ for the train so I might look into doing similar. I hate waiting around in airports though.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

The lad needs his head looking at !

All that to save £7.72 :laugh: 

Obviously has too much time on his hands

I guess he was proving a point about how extortionate train fares are in this country. For around the same price as the train, he got to visit a place he'd always wanted to go and then reach his original destination. It's a no-brainer when you put it like that (and of course, if you have the time!)

6 hours ago, phantom said:

The lad needs his head looking at !

All that to save £7.72 lol 

Obviously has too much time on his hands

If he'd bought part singles I bet he could have done it cheaper anywys 

Despite it being quite a trivial thing to do, the lad does illustrate an important point.  This is a sensitive subject for me because I live in London and I don't own a car.  I was put off going to Leeds the other day because the train fare was 65 pounds!

Currently, private rail companies (including French) are benefiting from rail infrastructure paid for by UK tax payers. They are still able to make healthy profits even though they are 'topped up' by the state.

An example of where privatization is destroying everything good about this country putting profits before principles. Similar has happened to the energy sector.

7 hours ago, Collis1 said:

Despite it being quite a trivial thing to do, the lad does illustrate an important point.  This is a sensitive subject for me because I live in London and I don't own a car.  I was put off going to Leeds the other day because the train fare was 65 pounds!

Currently, private rail companies (including French) are benefiting from rail infrastructure paid for by UK tax payers. They are still able to make healthy profits even though they are 'topped up' by the state.

An example of where privatization is destroying everything good about this country putting profits before principles. Similar has happened to the energy sector.

Bloody Maggie. Bloody Major. Bloody Tories... sticking their nose in and selling our railways... barstewards.

Archived