IGNORED

Luke Ayling - Out for 4-6 Weeks (merged)

TammyAB

This is where we need a loan.. but don't really have the capacity with the rest we've got in.  Baker can play left back but we've got that covered.  Struggling to think of anyone bar Litts right now..

No idea whether Pearce has ever played there but as an experienced right footed defender as we now play a back four he seems the only option other than Little.

As we have 5 loans all our other signings will have to be permanent deals or free agents.

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Couldn't see why he was out on here, (obviously injured.) Twitter tells me he is to have a cartilage operation, just I case anyone wants to know.

I remember when a cartilage operation meant a player would be out for the season and it was perhaps even career threatening. Those were, of course the days before footballers had ACL's.

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

This is where we need a loan.. but don't really have the capacity with the rest we've got in.  

54 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

We've used all our loans haven't we? Emergency loan?

51 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

As we have 5 loans all our other signings will have to be permanent deals or free agents.

Why does everyone keep quoting this like it's gospel?

The only ruling I've ever known it to be is a maximum of 5 loan players in the team sheet at any time.

There are limits on number of loans from an individual club at any time (4) and a limit on over 23 year olds on standard (i.e. full/half season) loans from any one club (2) but I've never known of anything for this "used them all up" stuff.

If we sign more loan players, we just can't play them all at once.

Personally if we're going to risk Little instead of a new RB loan, to me then we have to play O'Leary instead. I'd much rather have him behind a competent back four than us have Mark Little at RB enticing teams to stroll past us.

Archived