IGNORED

Luke Ayling - Out for 4-6 Weeks (merged)

TammyAB

37 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Bollox, although not the end of the world.. Our right side is going to be a world apart from our left side in terms of class..

Hope your not saying that with Bryan in mind as he has had a shocker of a season so far and is a weak point in the team wherever he lays!

29 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Why does everyone keep quoting this like it's gospel?

The only ruling I've ever known it to be is a maximum of 5 loan players in the team sheet at any time.

There are limits on number of loans from an individual club at any time (4) and a limit on over 23 year olds on standard (i.e. full/half season) loans from any one club (2) but I've never known of anything for this "used them all up" stuff.

If we sign more loan players, we just can't play them all at once.

Personally if we're going to risk Little instead of a new RB loan, to me then we have to play O'Leary instead. I'd much rather have him behind a competent back four than us have Mark Little at RB enticing teams to stroll past us.

Right, so you'd seriously play a keeper with no FL experience at all on Saturday instead of a natural right back with over 200 league starts?

Little is fine at right back. Ayling has been too dodgy at the back for me so personally I was quite interested to see how the team did without him anyway. Obviously not ideal him getting injured though so hope he can recover well and earn his place in the team when he's back.

• Admin
1 hour ago, tommy_b said:

The only ruling I've ever known it to be is a maximum of 5 loan players in the team sheet at any time.

There are limits on number of loans from an individual club at any time (4) and a limit on over 23 year olds on standard (i.e. full/half season) loans from any one club (2) but I've never known of anything for this "used them all up" stuff.

Personally if we're going to risk Little instead of a new RB loan, to me then we have to play O'Leary instead. I'd much rather have him behind a competent back four than us have Mark Little at RB enticing teams to stroll past us.

You are correct about the ruling, but way off about leaving the GK out

Little has played there before and can quite comfortably play there Saturday

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Right, so you'd seriously play a keeper with no FL experience at all on Saturday instead of a natural right back with over 200 league starts?

I'd say it's hypothetical because I doubt we'd sign up a experienced RB on loan before Saturday.

If you're asking me how I'd order our 5 loan players to ensure we have a full team? Tomlin, Baker, Goodwin, Pearce, O'Donnell

Maybe at a push Pearce could sit out if we're expecting SG to go straight in at left back and have Williams on the bench to cover the CBs.

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

FFS Mark Little is out of control. First, Fredericks and now Ayling 

3 hours ago, j mizel said:

Ayling has been at fault for a number of goals this season. Too many for my liking.

Don't underestimate the settling nature Little will have on Tomlin's place in the team. Tomlin being the man with the potential to keep us up.

My sentiments exactly.

Little will be fine. Wish people would cut the lad some slack.

Real shame about Luke Ayling though. Hope he is back soon. Wish the lad a speedy recovery.

As poor as Little is I am shocked people think Waggy can do a job at right back. He couldn't get a game at right wing back and I very much doubt he has ever played right back. Yes he's versatile but his energy and work rate is better used further up the field. Little isn't great but I would have him over Waggy at RB.

Didn't Korey Smith play RB for Norwich in their promotion year? With the new attacking midfielders on the books we could fill his spot and be a little more adventurous, knowing his defensive abilities are actually better than Ayling's.

7 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I remember when a cartilage operation meant a player would be out for the season and it was perhaps even career threatening. Those were, of course the days before footballers had ACL's.

Was back playing after 3 weeks following my first cartilage op, although not 100%.  Had 3 in total....I'm now bone-on-bone in my left knee.  However pros have a lot more support that I did.  Mine was on the NHS when I was 20, before I managed to get Private Healthcare through work.  ACL in my right knee was a different kettle of fish....never came back from it really.

6 hours ago, tommy_b said:

I think I may have contributed to the misunderstanding, by trying to interpret the Football League Regulations and the FA's.  They contradict each other in places.  I don't think there are limits re total number of standard loans, but;

1. You can only name 5 (any type of loan) in your 18 man match day squad

2. You can only loan 4 players from one club, of which only 2 can be standard loans for players over 23.

3. You can only have 12 Emergency Loans per season.

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

Didn't Korey Smith play RB for Norwich in their promotion year? With the new attacking midfielders on the books we could fill his spot and be a little more adventurous, knowing his defensive abilities are actually better than Ayling's.

I think he's too valuable in the position we play him, rather have him there than in RB

As i've said before Ayling is very good on the ball but has been at fault for far too many goals this season, many lapses in concentration and slack marking leading to goals against and chances against (Bolton away was the worst).
Think Mark Little will do ok, one thing about him is he will give it 100%

5 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Any chance the O'Donnell loan is going to be made permanent before Monday? 

I would think that is a very sensible option.

Tell him that whoever is in possession of the keeper's jersey is the #1 and its up to them to keep it.  It's not as if he was playing for Wigan.  I thought there was mention of loan with a view to permanent in the summer, but why not bring it forward?

Big blow. Or not?

For me, he is one of the players I really enjoy watching but he has been a bit sub-standard this year.

My main worry is that Little is described as his replacement.  And he really has been sub-standard! :shocking:

Archived