IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day Thread

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Can't disagree with you obviously the balance is n't right at the moment but in isolation it is not a bad result .

It's not a bad result, considering Birmingham are doing well, the crumb of comfort is we are not conceding three and four anymore,  so the balance at the back is better, if we can get Smith in that would be crucial in avoiding the drop. However  Lady Luck has deserted us all season, again referee's seem to be a breed apart.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Not a particularly good result either, the defensive strength is great but we desperately need a striker or two and maybe another midfielder.

Like i said  ' in isolation ' they are in and around the play offs ,in great form and we are struggling at the foot of the table ,with no permanent manager and two débutants .

The bookies did n't have us as favourites .

I'm disappointed not to win but happy to not lose as well.

On to the next match and hope to have a little bit of luck along with our endeavours .

Truth is that is was a very good performance, most players had a decent game and we definetly  should have the penalty, nailed on , had a perfect view, the defender caught Tomlin , ref was an absolute disgrace all through and it's fair to say Birmingham are the most obnoxious team I have seen all season, in the refs face all match whinging and moaning which I think influenced the knob on the penalty .

Tomlin and goldbourne  were excellent , very composed and in Tomlins case  oozed class, definitely could be the X factor, BUT please get a striker in by Monday because for all the good build and chances it was hard to see us putting chances away. 

Edited by Cov 77

While I agree that goals are a bit of a worry , what I saw today (specially in the first half) was very encouraging .  I like the system and it brought the best out of Freeman today. I agree we could do with a striker to take some of the weight off JK  , he should never have played as much as he has this season , but all that was missing today was a finish. JK was livelier , due in no small part to having creative players pushing forward and actually looking for runners, we also had shots at goal. We look pretty solid , SG looks a steal at the price and Baker had his best game Imho. In fact no one was off the pace.  

I Agree with the caller on 20man , I think we have upset the Refs somehow.  Give away free kicks by breathing on players  while even mugging a City player is waved on. One last moan , how could the Ref let that bloke kick the ball out then walk onto the pitch sit down and get treatment !! He should have made him go off or carried on, bloody annoying. 

One last last point, it's taken a few games to test his shot stopping(I think it was his first real save), but I'd to sign the keeper now. 

Oh , and changing tactics during a game? Didn't think that was allowed ;)

I thought it was a decent performance overall, despite the need to be better the final third. Golbourne had a terrific game and Tomlin looked dangerous. Defensively we are looking solid. O'Donnell played well (apart from a couple of dodgy kicks) - based on his performances so far I'd be happy if he was here permanently. Every time Korey Smith looks like he's injured it makes me panic given his importance in midfield. Frustrating we didn't get the win, but when the game became really open in the second half they looked dangerous and it would have been just our luck to concede (or give away a penalty). Level on points with Rotherham now but we've been in the bottom three for what feels like a long time, so we have to start converting these promising performances into wins soon.