IGNORED

Wes Burns

Londoner

Time to go out on loan.

I appreciate he is a local lad and helped us in recent weeks, but in our current predicament I'm not convinced he is the answer. Very suprised gladwin wasn't given an opportunity.....all good for giving local lads a go but we have more strength in depth now.

as I'm sure we can all agree Wes was awful today....going forward fine you make mistKes but defensively he nearly cost us twice.....one by losing the ball in the box and again when completely ignoring the runner....no excuse for that.

im expecting to get shot down for this but I really don't think there is much value in playing him now we have gladwin tomlin etc.

I disagree. Bad day at the office but don't forget their centre back should have been given a red when Burns was chopped down through on goal. I think he has a part to play. 

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Time to go out on loan.

I appreciate he is a local lad and helped us in recent weeks, but in our current predicament I'm not convinced he is the answer. Very suprised gladwin wasn't given an opportunity.....all good for giving local lads a go but we have more strength in depth now.

as I'm sure we can all agree Wes was awful today....going forward fine but defensively he nearly cost us twice.....one by losing the ball in the box and again when completely ignoring the runner....no excuse for that.

im expecting to get shot down for this but I really don't think there is much value in playing him now we have gladwin tomlin etc.

Nothing went right for Wes today, but that was a one off, he's normally very effective when he comes on.

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I disagree. Bad day at the office but don't forget their centre back should have been given a red when Burns was chopped down through on goal. I think he has a part to play. 

Booking imo (not even that was given though eh ref), however after that he didn't want to take on his man. He delivered the ball for Wilbs who should have scored I believe, but was bellow par. Needs more game time for sure. With us? Maybe. He is our only right sided winger at the moment with a right foot.

Worse 20 mins I think I have witnessed.

Yes he is young and will developed a lot but not what is needed right now. Good vs Middlesbrough but we can't afford a 1 in 5 performance in our situation.

He is local and for that reason it's great to see him in and around the first team but I was looking forward to seeing what Galdwin had to offer coming off the bench.

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Is he? I'm not convinced by him off the bench in the games I've seen.

I am. He usually does well, but we can't expect him to be a game changer every time he comes on.

He'll be very disappointed with today, but just one of those days for him imo.

1 minute ago, harry the red said:

would like to see him given a chance through the middle, wouldnt be any worse than kodjia

Kodjia is the 9th top scorer in the division why do people constantly slate him. Had almost no chances today yet people are still blaming him for us not winning get a grip fs

Yup one bad game lets get rid of him. You have got to balance the young guys. Wes needs to know that days like today can't happen but you just ship him off it does him no good either. You have to live with the good and the bad with any young player and today was the bad. Look when he come on against West Brom though. Have to let him play through it. He knows as much as anyone else it was bad today. Some extra training this week and back to it Saturday. 

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Poor today, mishit two crosses completely, but why does everyone take one performance as an indicator of whether someone is good enough or not. If that was the case then Pack would be considered our player of the season after today.

To even that argument up when he scored the winner vs Middlesbrough he was deemed the saviour. She nice then it's been three average to below par performances. I'm not righting him off by any means but as I said it's not what is needed right now

He was absolutely dreadful when he came on, I agree.

On a more positive note though, I thought Freeman had a good game on the wing. Possibly his best of the season to date. Could be an answer - keep Freeman wide, he was certainly better out there today than he has been in the middle.

14 minutes ago, harry the red said:

would like to see him given a chance through the middle, wouldnt be any worse than kodjia

If Kodjia isn't a lone striker then I'm sure as shite that Burns isn't!!

Burns had a mare today by anyone's standards but sure he'll forget it and move on. Everyone has a bad game. Freeman's had 20 odd and is sill starting every game. 

1 minute ago, OneCity said:

He was absolutely dreadful when he came on, I agree.

On a more positive note though, I thought Freeman had a good game on the wing. Possibly his best of the season to date. Could be an answer - keep Freeman wide, he was certainly better out there today than he has been in the middle.

3 great balls in....more impressed him on the right cutting in. Definitely improved.

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

When was the other? 

Don't know, let me check back through all the times Cotterill gave him more than a minute...!

To be clear, I don't think he's the answer to all our problems as some do, just that he's entitled to have a bad day at the office, as we all do.

As u said, Freeman's had 20 odd bad days and still gets picked week in week out!

Archived