IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

Londoner

Looked much trimmer than i expected. Good ball from deep for Kodjia stood out, as did the threaded ball in the second when Kodj ruled offside when he looked on to me. 

I thought he dived in the pen incident but could well be wrong on that count. 

Lack of pace was evident. In the second half Marlon broke down the left and Tomlin was nowhere; soon subbed after so the right time to make the change. 

9 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Seems strange that we acquire a Premiership player…………and then don't play him in his favoured position.  Odd

Sadly I'm not surprised! Would have been so much more effective than Reid in the middle. 

He is absolute class though and even out of position was MOM by a country mile. 

I think he played wide to allow him space, he will come into the middle when he is fitter. I thought it was a dive too, but I have never seen a player continue to complain to the referee so much, he was still having a go at the start of the second half. it looke like he was claimng that he had been caught at hip level rather than tripped.

20 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Looked much trimmer than i expected. Good ball from deep for Kodjia stood out, as did the threaded ball in the second when Kodj ruled offside when he looked on to me. 

Lack of pace was evident. In the second half Marlon broke down the left and Tomlin was nowhere; soon subbed after so the right time to make the change. 

Just he had a knock, that's why he wasn't there and why he was subbed.

1 minute ago, Antman said:

i would like to have seen him play behind Kodja, centrally - he would have been more dangerous.

I thought he got clipped, but went for the swan lake - so hard to tell

good stuff on first viewing.

and burns!!! what a mare.

Burns sounded terrible, I really don't know what was wrong with him.  Perhaps he was trying to hard, because of the new signings.

12 minutes ago, WesM said:

Really frustrated by today.

Sign a premier league striker/AM, well known for playing in the hole...and we ask him to play left-midfield.

Square pegs in round holes again!

And to accommodate Reid of all people. That number 10 position is the heart of the team, and Bobby ain't it. Tomlin would have bossed it there today. 

45 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

A leopard don't change his spots..

Glad he's our leopard though, if only on a temp basis...

Like others I think I'd prefer to see him play more centrally but I guess if Pembo said (I didn't hear the interview quoted by City169) that he was effectively given a free role then I can only assume that Tomlin felt he could affect the game more from others areas or that if he did drift centrally too much then he wouldn't be able to recover? perhaps more mobility and fitness will lead to his "free role" covering more of the pitch and assuming that formation is here to stay then the 3 behind the main striker could perhaps become more fluid.

56 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Looked a class above today. He will be huge for us. Picked up pockets, great balls and a decent shot....clearly not fully fit. Very similar to a Ross McCormack.

shocking dive for the penalty though.

I stand to be proved wrong when I see it later , but I thought there was contact and it was a pen.

I also liked the system  , Tomlin and Freeman can cut in on their favoured foot and allow an overlap. May change as he gets fitter though.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

Looked a class above today. He will be huge for us. Picked up pockets, great balls and a decent shot....clearly not fully fit. Very similar to a Ross McCormack.

shocking dive for the penalty though.

From 10 yards away in the South Stand Wheelchair section it was a penalty all day long.  It looked like he was clipped, and why go over when you've got a free shot on goal from 6 yards on the angle.  All of us thought the same in our section.  The Brum players didn't instantly call him out, they knew it was a pen.

He got caught a couple of times in opening 5 mins, but other than that he showed some lovely touches and the ability to pick a pass.  How many 'give and go's' have we seen around the box this season....not many...today there were several attempted.

I think he's shown he's on the same wavelength as Kodjia....expect some assists.

59 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I was nearly in line and Kodjia was a good half a yard off. As normal.

14 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

Glad he's our leopard though, if only on a temp basis...

Like others I think I'd prefer to see him play more centrally but I guess if Pembo said (I didn't hear the interview quoted by City169) that he was effectively given a free role then I can only assume that Tomlin felt he could affect the game more from others areas or that if he did drift centrally too much then he wouldn't be able to recover? perhaps more mobility and fitness will lead to his "free role" covering more of the pitch and assuming that formation is here to stay then the 3 behind the main striker could perhaps become more fluid.

interview is the one on player put up thursday, so the game plan could have changed since then

Archived