IGNORED

Cheers Tomarse

Dastardly and Muttley

12 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

Status bar, address bar, whatever its called at the top of the screen!

Oh ok. That's an android/chrome thing.. Not sure if it did it previous, if not then not sure why it's doing it now!

For what seems like a lifetime of browsing the various iterations of OTIB, Tom has always been at the forefront of its upkeep. For that he gets my eternal thanks.

I can actually scarcely believe it was a decade ago that I got to mix with some OTIB legends like Tom et al in the Forum football team. I can only hope he has the spirit to last another decade and beyond!

After all the Tom foolery, OH! sorry Tomarse,   I would like to thank you for your efforts and hope it will be good for our match day thread tomorrow. I used to have problems posting on it,  as when it was busy,  all I got was Saving and not being able to post.  I hope it solves this problem.

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

After all the Tom foolery, OH! sorry Tomarse,   I would like to thank you for your efforts and hope it will be good for our match day thread tomorrow. I used to have problems posting on it,  as when it was busy,  all I got was Saving and not being able to post.  I hope it solves this problem.

It's running pretty smooth today (bar a couple of reboots) so don't envisage it being as busy tomorrow.  Well not till 5pm when we've won/lost 5-0

41 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

It's running pretty smooth today (bar a couple of reboots) so don't envisage it being as busy tomorrow.  Well not till 5pm when we've won/lost 5-0

Great to see the forum looking good, running well, and fingers crossed coping with the matchday traffic!

My final little niggle (and I hope I'm not alone but it could be just me) is the way the forum transitions from page to page - the fading, sliding to top, and fading in all seems to be a bit of a faff, and seems to take longer than it should. Couldn't we just have it load the new page? Or does it serve a purpose in saving data loads somehow?

19 minutes ago, KingtonRed said:

Great to see the forum looking good, running well, and fingers crossed coping with the matchday traffic!

My final little niggle (and I hope I'm not alone but it could be just me) is the way the forum transitions from page to page - the fading, sliding to top, and fading in all seems to be a bit of a faff, and seems to take longer than it should. Couldn't we just have it load the new page? Or does it serve a purpose in saving data loads somehow?

Unfortunately that's by design of the software makers. However it is saving load, as I belive it loads the entire topic into memory.

On 05/02/2016 at 08:01, CotswoldRed said:

Mine did that before the upgrade. Probably from a recent chrome update. 

Mine does this too... Android browser is poo so I always use Chrome.

On another note, cheers T for the trek across the Severn and lumping about bloody gert servers. Always appreciated.

Archived