IGNORED

The Official Charlton Athletic v Bristol City Match Day Thread

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I think they sold off a proportion of there car parking around the ground didn't they? 

Not sure how much it went for but didn't they have wages to pay? If they had wages chances are they had other creditors too as you'd expect wages to be the last thing to go unpaid. 

The problem they have is that they now have to face the next 5 months or so operating without being able to sell any players. For that reason I wouldn't predict any let up by their creditors. I'd hate to think what the wage bill for the next 5 months looks like for instance. 

Just now, Aizoon said:

Unless, of course, you're Google or Vodafone :(

I was waiting for that one :) and a fair comment. But equally quite different and extremely complex issues in those particular cases, especially around offshoring and transfer pricing. 

8 hours ago, Tomarse said:

I think they sold off a proportion of there car parking around the ground didn't they? 

That may just pay off HMRC and avoid them being wound up for unpaid tax. It probably wouldn`t stop admin though as that will depend on their other creditors and what they want to do. HMRC have no interest in them going into admin as they would only get 10p in the pound or something like everyone else - they would prefer they were wound up and the assets sold as, being a preferential creditor, they would get paid in full before anyone else. If they are wound up, you`re looking at a phoenix club in the Manchester & District league or something like that. I expect them to pay off HMRC and then go into admin.

Does anyone know what the cut off point for a points deduction in any season is? I know they did introduce one after Leeds played the system that time and took the points deduction after they were already relegated. There now have to be a certain amount of games left for it to be applied in the current season, if there aren`t enough left, they get it next season.