IGNORED

The Official Charlton Athletic v Bristol City Match Day Thread

1 hour ago, deadredfred said:

I think it'll be a cagey affair, not helped by the conditions or the current situation of each team. 

We have the best conversion rate for set pieces in the league according to the Beeb! I think we'll nick it though, Flinty header 68 mins, 0-1. COYR

Only because we have only had one set piece!

21 minutes ago, RedM said:

Our coach broken down in services! Trying to jump start it with another coach. Bloody hell!!!!! We are an hour away from the ground

Make, model and age please

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

Battery is flat after driver left the lights on. Jump leads fell apart. Eastville coach. All other coaches have left us. One is coming back and taking us. Hour there, hour back and then another hour to take us there. Looking at arriving at 4pm at best. Another coach coming from Bristol to take us home after

Those are banjos I hear in the background :fear:

Edited by Aizoon

Yes Eastville.  It had problems before we left Bristol but driver instead of calling it in carried on. Stopped at services now broken down. Apparently coach 2 had dropped at Charlton and on way back to us. Will take hour to get to us and then we will have that hour journey ourselves. Coach driving up from Bristol to get us after the match.

Obviously it's all Lee Johnsons fault!!!!

Apparently the jump leads wouldn't have taken coach to coach voltage anyway. Still sat here. Unsure if a new coach being sent up now..Maybe only a mechanic so we got this coach back too. Almost no info being given. Very poor. Not stewards fault but feel we are just cut adrift from the club. Lady was thinking about hiring taxis but seems like club won't fund this. Eastville say they have no breakdown cover

Just now, RedM said:

Apparently the jump leads wouldn't have taken coach to coach voltage anyway. Still sat here. Unsure if a new coach being sent up now..Maybe only a mechanic so we got this coach back too. Almost no info being given. Very poor. Not stewards fault but feel we are just cut adrift from the club. Lady was thinking about hiring taxis but seems like club won't fund this. Eastville say they have no breakdown cover

A coach company with no breakdown cover, seriously!? 

• Like 1

One for the oldies here, us playing Charlton at Ashton Gate in 1970. Funnily enough Charlton were bottom of Div 2, as usual we made hard work of getting a draw (Charlton have been a bit of a bogey team over the years). Includes extensive analysis of a Gerry Sharpe penalty by Jimmy Hill

https://goblinrefuge.com/mediagoblin/u/bcfcarchive/m/bristol-city-2-charlton-2-1970/

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

That's what the driver told the steward yes. No breakdown. I think they must use their own mechanics. Someone tried to get AA m a n and even the traffic police here at the devices to help and they wouldn't touch it.

This is absolutely disgusting.  I'm fuming on your behalf.  Just get a large taxi now and bill the club after - if they don't refund, I'm sure all of us at the OTIB world can help cover the cost.

• Like 4

Still waiting. Someone grabbed RAC bloke to have a look. He can't do anything. Apparently you cannot get breakdown cover for coaches, they all have to mechanic themselves. Hopefully returning coach should be here soon, but hearing traffic building near ground

Yet another plan. Someone spoke to a coach driver at the services earlier. He promised to drop his people at Gatwick and come back for us which he has done...fair play. He is nothing to do with City or anything. We have just boarded.not moving yet.

• Like 4