IGNORED

Negativity

Rob k

For once is all the negativity a good thing?

The way I see it LJ is in a no lose situation as there are a large amount of people that believe he will fail so does that slightly take the pressure off him? 

I personally think the complete opposite by the way - I Think we have a good one here and he will turn people's opinions around quickly 

I was disappointed when the announcement was made because rather foolishly I was hoping for some kind of star attraction to become manager that would bring in a number of top signings.

That said now we are all coming to terms with the fact that Lee is here I will be 100% behind him and wish him well.

As the saying goes managers and players come and go but we are here for the duration.

Who knows he may even be a success !

I fear that the hatred spilling out at the moment will not turn off that easy even if we went on a 10 match winning spree! I just hope that those who cannot get there head round the LJ appointment are gracious enough to accept that if we stay up that the board and LJ deserve respect. He is a young talent and could well do for use what Eddie Howe has done for a Bournemouth. Only time will tell but those who have predicted only doom should now back off and allow him and the team some slack.

56 minutes ago, Rob k said:

For once is all the negativity a good thing?

The way I see it LJ is in a no lose situation as there are a large amount of people that believe he will fail so does that slightly take the pressure off him? 

I personally think the complete opposite by the way - I Think we have a good one here and he will turn people's opinions around quickly 

Lansdown and Johnson knew what they were getting into and no doubt discussed the negativy about Lee Johnson's playing career with City and know full feel that there will be an element of the fan base that will probably always against LJ.

No doubt they will try to get everyone on side and good luck to them but if it does go wrong, they can't act surprised, With LJ's past I do wonder if we will get a repeat of the Video from Cotterill's last game, hopefully not no one needs that, however for the rest of the season before the matchday tunnel moves next season  he will be heading towards the atyeo at the end of games so it's likely at some point he'll get some stick.

I hope he's got broad shoulders.

Let's face it for many this is an underwhelming appointment, the view expressed by Barnsley fans on our forum (which may or may not be truly representative) also make it seem an awful appointment.

Negativity will reign until (if) we start getting positive results on the field, especially given the good form under Pembo/Wade of 7pts in 4 games. If LJ takes us down (whilst on current form with Pembo/Wade we are on target to be safe), his position will quickly become untenable given how many are ready to turn on him.

However, wins against Ipswich & MKD and LJ will be up and running and the negativity pushed to the sidelines.

8 minutes ago, Bowie said:

Lansdown and Johnson knew what they were getting into and no doubt discussed the negativy about Lee Johnson's playing career with City and know full feel that there will be an element of the fan base that will probably always against LJ.

No doubt they will try to get everyone on side and good luck to them but if it does go wrong, they can't act surprised, With LJ's past I do wonder if we will get a repeat of the Video from Cotterill's last game, hopefully not no one needs that, however for the rest of the season before the matchday tunnel moves next season  he will be heading towards the atyeo at the end of games so it's likely at some point he'll get some stick.

I hope he's got broad shoulders.

As long as he doesn`t react, he should be fine. Hopefully it won`t become necessary if/when we start winning at home.

Archived