IGNORED

Luke Freeman

KeepUpLino

Surprised there's been no mention for Luke today, fantastic delivery from him today and looked really lively, almost looked lighter today... Great performance around today from all the lads, look so much better since Cotts departure..

little was a weak point today as was Bryan,  Kodja needs a rest.. Agard was everywhere when he came on very impressive...

happy bloody days:)

Great delivery but that is all he is in the team for.

Prime example of why he frustrates me...

Running square to the defence staring at Tomlin in acres of space just waiting for a pass to be clean through. I'd have made the pass, my mates would have too along with 90% of the forum.

Freeman takes too many touches and Tomlin's gone offside.

He will never score or assist enough in this league other than from set pieces. Which must make him the Championship version of Rory Delap.

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Great delivery but that is all he is in the team for.

Prime example of why he frustrates me...

Running square to the defence staring at Tomlin in acres of space just waiting for a pass to be clean through. I'd have made the pass, my mates would have too along with 90% of the forum.

Freeman takes too many touches and Tomlin's gone offside.

He will never score or assist enough in this league other than from set pieces. Which must make him the Championship version of Rory Delap.

Well you certainly know how to give someone confidence , enjoy the win , Luke was outstanding today .

He is beginning to earn his starting place but still one of the weak links for me (along with Mark Little). Much better on the right - he moved to the left when JB was subbed and seemed to revert to his earlier season form (well not quite that bad but you know what I mean).

9 minutes ago, Nomad said:

He is beginning to earn his starting place but still one of the weak links for me (along with Mark Little). Much better on the right - he moved to the left when JB was subbed and seemed to revert to his earlier season form (well not quite that bad but you know what I mean).

Absolutely streets ahead of Bobby Reid though - fortunately LJ can see the right 11.

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Absolutely streets ahead of Bobby Reid though - fortunately LJ can see the right 11.

I'm a fan of Bobby Reid. Played well pretty much every time I have seen him this season. Sure, he does make a few more mistakes than I'd like to see but nowhere near as many as Freeman did earlier in the season. Anyone got the points tally % with/without BR in the starting line up? Think he'd beat LF but I may be wrong.

The stats don't lie (generally).

39 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I was genuinely thinking about putting on here how bad his first couple of deliveries were, but the 3rd was cleared away and the 4th was a goal so I changed my mind

his delivery from corners was fantastic and what we've been missing, firing the ball in with pace and accuracy which caused Ipswich all sorts of problems and led to 2 goals

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Freemans corners in the first half caused all sorts of problems, obviously Johnson has told the boys to stop ******* around and play the ball in with some pace to make use of the big lads at our disposal..

it worked and Flint scored 2...

LJ said exactly that on RB - told them to whip it in - said It might mean the odd Miss kick but worth it for the ones that go right

16 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I'm a fan of Bobby Reid. Played well pretty much every time I have seen him this season. Sure, he does make a few more mistakes than I'd like to see but nowhere near as many as Freeman did earlier in the season. Anyone got the points tally % with/without BR in the starting line up? Think he'd beat LF but I may be wrong.

The lad is powder puff and freeman on his day is a much more talented player 

1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Surprised there's been no mention for Luke today, fantastic delivery from him today and looked really lively, almost looked lighter today... Great performance around today from all the lads, look so much better since Cotts departure..

little was a weak point today as was Bryan,  Kodja needs a rest.. Agard was everywhere when he came on very impressive...

happy bloody days:)

Exactly as I saw it today. I expect Agard to start over Kodja next week but we seem to have good options on the bench now. Great performance and atmosphere today.

Luke Freeman was fantastic today and I haven't said that often this season. He was very tired after 75 minutes because he put in a hell of a shift. His corners were superb as we looked a threat every one of them. If we are being critical he missed a chance to play Tomlin in and looks a bit slow for a winger but I won't be. He was fantastic and deserves a praising thread. 

8 hours ago, Nomad said:

Reid is far too lightweight and out of his depth at this level. Freeman is better out wide anyway.

8 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Thought he was great today... Can't believe anyone can pick negatives on someone who delivered two assists and looked lively 

I'll bet Luke himself is and the coaching staff are as well constructive criticism as you will! You could pick fault in everyone's game today wether we should or not on public forum where people can hide behind made up usernames is the question?

Mick McCarthy was impressed with Luke's/our dead balls:

"I have to say anyone watching them and trying to teach kids how to put in corners and make the most of them with a bit of movement from big fellas...They were magnificent deliveries which I can appreciate, even though I didn't like conceding from them. Credit where it's due, they were so difficult to deal with."

From a dour Yorkshire bloke, that's some praise. Or he's thinking of signing him in the summer and starting the process.

Either way, well done Luke.

On 13/02/2016 at 19:08, wheatus59 said:

Well you certainly know how to give someone confidence , enjoy the win , Luke was outstanding today .

With the new shape and Tomlin in there Luke is settling down..must release/pass the ball in most cases far faster though.as part of,I hope,a soon to be squad with more quality he can get there.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 19:46, BobBobSuperBob said:

LJ said exactly that on RB - told them to whip it in - said It might mean the odd Miss kick but worth it for the ones that go right

Yes this was what impressed me. Last season it was a feature of our game, something I felt was novel for BCFC, people who whip crosses in at pace is something we lacked. This season this seemed to disappear again and I was struggling to understand why. It seems that it was the fear factor of making a mess of the delivery, because it is a difficult skill it only takes the connection to be wrong by a an inch to look bad. What LJ said was that he wants them to be braver, not worry about the odd poor delivery because it will pay off in the long term. 

Hopefully they will all be practising their deliveries to reduce the errors though.  

Archived