IGNORED

The Official Milton Keynes v Bristol City Match Day Thread

6 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

If only the key games could keep their HT score by FT. City 1 up, Rotherham & Charlton 1 down, Bolton drawing.

I'd like to see Charlton equalise. Brings us level with Fulham and reducing our lead on them from 9 to 8 points seems a small price to pay. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

I'd like to see Charlton equalise. Brings us level with Fulham and reducing our lead on them from 9 to 8 points seems a small price to pay. 

Agreed, though I'm cautious about being 'greedy' like that.

Charlton's goal difference is like a -1 point compared to us, so them gaining a point, only to pull Fulham below us is no bad thing.

Plus; their home for since the turn of the year is rubbish, so a draw against Charlton would continue that, and leave them with Boro and Burnley to visit prior to us, which I think would be a positive for us.

1 minute ago, Ash the Bash said:

Sorry to reopen the topic but it really baffles me how Cotterill messed this up, a simple change in formation and the results arrive. Don't think the resurgence is just down to new manager syndrome either. Grateful to Cotts but my god how can someone be so stubborn? 

Yup, most of us could see it would be his undoing and a change of formation was what was needed. If he hadn't persisted with his 3-5-2 malarky he'd mostly likely still be manager now, he was his own worst enemy.

Listening on the radio mk dons sound similar to how city were playing up to Christmas , hoofing the ball countless times to a striker who's game isn't holding the ball up . On a plate for flint and baker , a shame baker is injured hopefully not a serious injury.  

A 2nd goal early on would be ideal I expect mk dons to come out fast and wouldn't be suprised to see jet come off if he doesn't start effecting the game 

Edited by miketh2nd
2 minutes ago, Ash the Bash said:

Sorry to reopen the topic but it really baffles me how Cotterill messed this up, a simple change in formation and the results arrive. Don't think the resurgence is just down to new manager syndrome either. Grateful to Cotts but my god how can someone be so stubborn? 

2 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

I was thinking about this the other day ... seeing how it's now going, does he regret anything?

it goes with the job, ego and belief that they cannot be wrong takes over, even with the best LVG, Mourinho and I suspect even LJ during an 8 game losing streak earlier this season.

3 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

I was thinking about this the other day ... seeing how it's now going, does he regret anything?

Yep, said for weeks on end before he left that his arrogance/stubbornness where his system/tactics were concerned would cost him his job. We could have been comfortably mid table if he'd done the obvious and stopped using a Micky Mouse formation!

2 minutes ago, samo II said:

You're likely right; would love to see us get another goal and level the goal difference with us and MK too.

Just nervous about how important this could be if we were to win...

Go for MK's throat and get another in the first 15 minutes and that should be it.

If we sit back we're going to be sweating until the almost inevitable equaliser.

MK sound did very poor in the first half, we mustn't give them the opportunity to improve.

Baker's mysterious injury is back - Pearce starts the 2nd half.

5 minutes ago, Ash the Bash said:

4 minutes ago, Big Brother said:

Surely even the most staunch SC supporters must admit now it was the correct decision to fire him. The way he persisted with 3-5-2, amongst other things, baffling beyond belief  

• Like 5