IGNORED

Player Ratings

TammyAB

• O'Donnell - 7 - not much to do, did it well
  • Vyner - 6 - generally solid but a few slip ups
  • Flint - 8 - excellent, bar a clumsy challenge at the end
  • Baker - 8 - not sure why he went off, Pearce also 8 'cos I didn't realise he'd come on instead of Baker!
  • Golbourne - 7 - very solid and linked well with Joe
  • Freeman - 6 - inconsistent but did look dangerous on occasion, flashed a shot narrowly past the goal
  • Smith - 8 - spot on, everywhere at once and very tidy
  • Pack - 8 - see Smith but with a couple of flash passes but less sweat
  • Bryan - 9 - looked a real handful and unlucky not to score
  • Tomlin - 7 - some lovely touches and a top cross for first goal
  • Kodjia - 8 - did the important stuff well, closed down, took both goals very, very calmly

It was the most one sided performance I've seen away from home in a long time, MK were absolutely awful, even worse than Charlton. Bryans pass for Kodjia second was class, Pack was pinging long passes all game that were a different class, and Korey was the best player on the pitch. Thought Vyner was exceptional for a teenager debutant, thinking back to Aaron Brown, Dominic Barclay style debuts, our academy players are obviously now quality technique wise and ready to be pitched in, was very assured bar a couple of loose touches second half.

Was fun sat behind MK Dons bench, the manager got more Scouse and more high pitched the worse they got, if you'd told me it was a sketch on a comedy show I'd have believed you. To cap day, Micky Maynard and his family just passed me in MK Central station looking miserable as sin, but his kids sounded most articulate.

ROD - 7 - didn't have to do very much

Vyner - 7 - very good debut, good on the ball, made a couple of good interceptions/tackles. made a couple of errors - one overhit backpass and was also caught out of position a couple of times. Very promising.

Flint - 8 - rock solid

Baker - 7 - solid

Golbourne - 8 - largely untroubled, did everything with no fuss

Smith - 10 - the best player on the pitch by a mile, looked a class above everyone else and didn't make an error all game. Tackles, passes, interceptions, the lot.

Pack - 8 - very composed and hardly made an error

Freeman - 7 - was certainly a threat but was a little wasteful in and around the box

Bryan - 9 - a constant threat, played in Kodjia superbly for the second goal, should have scored a third but got the ball stuck in his feet

Tomlin - 7 - quiet but took his opportunity to make the assist for the first goal with aplomb

Kodjia - 9 - didn't really do a lot besides the two goals... but two fantastic finishes

Three Counties Radio was an entertaining gloom-fest. Not lightened by Robinson's sober assessment. Gave us no credit…but didn't fail to confess their faults. They hate JET btw..not fit enough to be a professional footballer according to their local journo.

And I agree, can't think of many more one-sided away matches….Bradford apart!

MK Dons were terrible!

9 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I was sat with the MK fans, and when Bryan did that pass (we were at half way line) and before it had gone in the net, they all said "wow what a pass " 

I was on the halfway line amongst MK fans as well Paul, we had a feeling we weren't the only City.

As far as this thread goes, forgot to mention Tomlin, I remember thinking what's got into him as he sprinted round closing their defenders in an empty half seconds before half time, put it down to a pre-HT burst, but then several teammates joined him to overload them (not seen us do this before and know it's a feature of LJ style to create opportunities to take possession) in the end keeper mistake set up the opportunity but no way you put that down to a mistake, City absolutely won that with their pressing.

Kodjia did well also, seeing as him and Macfazadean or wherever he is called, were niggling at one another all game (or rather Macfazawotsit was niggling at Kodjia all game), Jimmy answered in the best way possible.

Archived