IGNORED

BCFCTV

Bat Fastard

With advancing old age and living 45 miles from Ashton Gate, I feel it would be wonderful if the club could broadcast live games in years to come.  If they charged £10 per match and hosted some advertising - it must be a potential money spinner.  For many years I lived in London and although I still attended most games, home and away, it would have been very useful to have had another option.  The matches are filmed anyway so there is not a huge duplication of effort. 

Of course it will always be better to watch live - but the Dolman steps seem to get more difficult every year.........

Does anybody else think the same?

Just now, Bat Fastard said:

With advanhning old age and living 45 miles from Ashton Gate, I feel it would be wonderful if the club could broadcast live games in years to come.  If they charged £10 per match and hosted some advertising - it must be a potential money spinner.  For many years I lived in London and although I still attended most games, home and away, it would have been very useful to have had another option.  The matches are filmed anyway so there is not a huge duplication of effort. 

Of course it will always be better to watch live - but the Dolman steps seem to get more difficult every year.........

You cant broadcast 3 oclock kick offs In the uk

• Admin

Won't be long before they will be free to view from foreign broadcasters - every Premier league game is available now and also some in our league

The problem with the theory above would be that it would be cheaper to pay the £10 maybe get a bar full of people then the club lose out financially

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Won't be long before they will be free to view from foreign broadcasters - every Premier league game is available now and also some in our league

The problem with the theory above would be that it would be cheaper to pay the £10 maybe get a bar full of people then the club lose out financially

Well how about £15 and they could sell the seat to a younger person.  Old gits who drive a 90 mile round trip do not consume any beer!  With advancing age it may be the TV or nothing!  The radio is a poorer substitute.

7 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Dodgey pubs with foreign channels

There is a facility called Kodi that is readily available through a small black box that you can get from Amazon for as little as £30 or so that allows you to watch any premier league game & the odd championship match on a Saturday afternoon & it also allows you to watch any live sport or any sport channel from around the world, along with very new films (if you so wish).

It basically allows you to watch the worlds tv without any subscription fee, absolutely brilliant!!

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

There is a facility called Kodi that is readily available through a small black box that you can get from Amazon for as little as £30 or so that allows you to watch any premier league game & the odd championship match on a Saturday afternoon & it also allows you to watch any live sport or any sport channel from around the world, along with very new films (if you so wish).

It basically allows you to watch the worlds tv without any subscription fee, absolutely brilliant!!

and Sky are trying to buy their way into this but the companies associated with Kodi are having none of it

45 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

With advancing old age and living 45 miles from Ashton Gate, I feel it would be wonderful if the club could broadcast live games in years to come.  If they charged £10 per match and hosted some advertising - it must be a potential money spinner.  For many years I lived in London and although I still attended most games, home and away, it would have been very useful to have had another option.  The matches are filmed anyway so there is not a huge duplication of effort. 

Do you have a wide screen? Can we all pile round yours for chitlins & chips?

Kind regards KR

46 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I don't like the idea. 

If you (anyone) can't make the effort to get to the Gate, don't watch the game. 

It would have a detrimental impact on attendances so no, no, no. 

After nearly 50 years of making the "effort" - are you really so mean minded to say that I should be grounded for being too old?  I may achieve the 60 year milestone but beyond that - it may not be possible!

7 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

After nearly 50 years of making the "effort" - are you really so mean minded to say that I should be grounded for being too old?  I may achieve the 60 year milestone but beyond that - it may not be possible!

If it protects attendances, yes. It's been that way for over 100 years so far. It may sound harsh, but unless we are Premier league then our famous apathetic fairweather fans won't come within a mile of AG. 

2 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Only fifty years? I've been doing it for 66 years since April 1950 although I can still run up the steps to row 25 of the South Stand.

Assuming the Club open up the new Williams upper tier, there will be lifts to use instead of stairs.

Probably best to cull the old fans who cannot make the Dolman steps!  Maybe if we had public shootings or hangings, it might even improve the crowds and sales of beer and pies!  As for those fans who had chosen to take jobs in far flung corners of the World - they should be excommunicated.  That might also improve the crowds....... unless they could buy beer and pies online from the club maybe????

34 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Probably best to cull the old fans who cannot make the Dolman steps!  Maybe if we had public shootings or hangings, it might even improve the crowds and sales of beer and pies!  As for those fans who had chosen to take jobs in far flung corners of the World - they should be excommunicated.  That might also improve the crowds....... unless they could buy beer and pies online from the club maybe????

This is the best suggestion for half time entertainment I have heard in a long time!

Archived