IGNORED

Great Response

FlintWonderwall

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can understand why some would think that Tuesday's thrashing could have been the start of a bad run but I for one was very impressed with how good Brighton were and that impression gave me some optimism especially given the previous three results and the crucial factor that we don't play Brighton again this season.

They'd have looked far less good if today's back four had started.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Maybe.....but they targeted Vyner as any opposition would and Pearce in nowhere as accomplished as Baker but they'd still have beaten us - but probably not by 4.

Maybe, but I still maintain that playing against a two man defence will make any team look significantly better than they would against the full complement. I also think that sentence would benefit from some comma's, but I can't work out where.

3 hours ago, 22A said:

Not in the 2007-08 season, nor in 1990-91 and not in the 75-76 season either.  At this level, (2nd tier), we have to go back to the 1905-06 season.

City lost the first game 5-1 at home then won the next fourteen games; Eight home and six away. Of course if this current team wish to win seven consecutive away games, I'll not complain.

Sorry folks, I forgot the 1972-73 season when City seemed to do better away than at home.

There was a sequence of five away games; Orient 2-0, QPR 1-1 and then three consecutive wins; Cardiff 3-1, Portsmouth 3-0 and Oxford 2-0.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

I can understand why some would think that Tuesday's thrashing could have been the start of a bad run but I for one was very impressed with how good Brighton were and that impression gave me some optimism especially given the previous three results and the crucial factor that we don't play Brighton again this season.

<cough>Playoffs</cough>

I think Burnley are the best side we've played at AG followed by Brighton.  Then again, I think Fulham are the third best so what do I know?

57 minutes ago, Chivs said:

<cough>Playoffs</cough>

I think Burnley are the best side we've played at AG followed by Brighton.  Then again, I think Fulham are the third best so what do I know?

Burnley were rubbish at the gate. How they managed to win was beyond me. Two headers and nothing else. We played far better football than them. It was theft! 

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not only was Tuesday night "a bad day at the office" it was also a lesson in how top quality teams perform. Brighton were excellent and one of, if not the best side I've seen seen AG so far this season.

They were too good for us and a 4-0 win for  them was well deserved.

Had Vyner not played the result would have been different... Simple as that really!!

49 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Had Vyner not played the result would have been different... Simple as that really!!

It's harsh to point the finger at a young player in his second first team game. That said maybe Brighton would have scored 3 rather than 4 had he not played.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's harsh to point the finger at a young player in his second first team game. That said maybe Brighton would have scored 3 rather than 4 had he not played.

The first 3 goals all came through Vyner mistakes, the first came in a period where we were on top, the mistakes arguably changed the course of the game in my opinion...

Not pointing the finger just stating facts that the result could have been much different had we not gifted them those first half goals!!

9 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Freeman has had quite a bit of stick from us on here this season - much of which I do think is justified - but he is frequently picked out like this by opposition fans.

Freeman is a very good footballer with respect to his ball control. That aspect would be good enough for Premier league. That is how I remember him when playing against us for Stevenage.

However the down side when you see him week in week out is that he does not have an eye for defence splitting passes like Tomlin and his shots at goal are rarely on target.

He always tries hard but I do wonder if we will become one of City's "nearly but not quite" players.

11 hours ago, redfieldred said:

Burnley were rubbish at the gate. How they managed to win was beyond me. Two headers and nothing else. We played far better football than them. It was theft! 

Not the way I remember it.  I recall thinking we could play until next month and still not score against them.  Not exciting to watch but very effective. I suppose I should clarify "best" as the team most likely to win.  Middlesbrough and Hull didn't at any time make me think "this is hopeless."

Archived