IGNORED

A plea to help my friends son - please read

Dollymarie

Why on earth aren't there any closer facilities?

All of the money used on foreign aid, crazy council-backed schemes, concert halls, etc, shows the fundamental issues we face.

Funding should be there to build suitable centres / facilities in each region of the country.

How many UK families are in the same cruel situation?

Signed. There was a similar story featured on Five Live earlier this week with a couple from the South East interviewed. They were fraught with worry because they can't see their son and there's nothing in their area either.

I know the NHS is in a lot of trouble (despite government claims to the contrary) but this situation is beyond ridiculous.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

Signed. There was a similar story featured on Five Live earlier this week with a couple from the South East interviewed. They were fraught with worry because they can't see their son and there's nothing in their area either.

I know the NHS is in a lot of trouble (despite government claims to the contrary) but this situation is beyond ridiculous.

I did wonder if this http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/6982966/Holly-Willoughby-reduced-to-tears-on-This-Morning-during-emotional-segment-about-mentally-ill-teenager.html was what @Dollymarie had referred to, but this is possibly the one you refer to @HomerRed

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yep, it was this story that finally made Adele start all this off.  Those parents were complaining their son has been locked up for 6 months.  Eddie has now been gone for over 3 years.  Not that she begrudges them anything, but she's been trying to draw attention to Eddie's situation now for ages, she's tried her MP (Charlotte Leslie was about as much use as a chocolate teapot and the less said about her response the better!) and so when she saw this family on the tv, she decided enough was enough.  She just desperately wants her son back nearer to his family, where he belongs.

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

A rare bit of seriousness from Dolls.

I know this isn't football related, and I will move it eventually, but I am hoping you will all be willing to help me out.

One of my lovely friends Adele has had her now 16 year old son locked up hundreds of miles away because of his disabilities.  He is detained under the mental health act, and she has a 600 mile round trip to see her son.  She has been asking the authorities for years to bring him closer to home so that she can see him more regularly.  She has now started a petition to try and get them to listen to her.  I was hoping you lot would take a minute to just sign this petition to try and get the powers that be to listen.

Thank you for reading

https://www.change.org/p/bristol-local-authority-action-for-eddie-help-get-my-son-eddie-out-of-hospital-in-newcastle-and-home-to-bristol?recruiter=9999736&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

I have a friend also in Bristol, in the similar situation, 14 year old son (Autistic) was in Bury, now Woking for over 6 months. Its awful.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Yep, it was this story that finally made Adele start all this off.  Those parents were complaining their son has been locked up for 6 months.  Eddie has now been gone for over 3 years.  Not that she begrudges them anything, but she's been trying to draw attention to Eddie's situation now for ages, she's tried her MP (Charlotte Leslie was about as much use as a chocolate teapot and the less said about her response the better!) and so when she saw this family on the tv, she decided enough was enough.  She just desperately wants her son back nearer to his family, where he belongs.

I actually worked closely with Robin (Matthew's father) in that story for 3 years when he was at BBC Broadcast. We're still friends on Facebook. He is a lovely bloke (Oxford Utd fan - so we've had plenty of footy banter), and I've been sharing his family's story as much as I can through social media. The page is here if you'd like to find out more: https://www.facebook.com/makeroomformatthew/

Signed.

9 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Signed.

As a father of 5 (3 mine who I see once a week, 2 "inherited") I can't begin to imagine the pain. Seeing mine only once a week is bad enough.

And as a banker with a bonus :whistle: there's a  deposit on its way.... 

you think once a week is bad. my uncle whom i visited regularly and went to football with has been sectioned, im not even allowed  to know where hes gone according to patient confidentiality. the whole system stinks

Archived