IGNORED

We are top of the league

Porto Red

58 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Ok, so it's a load of rubbish as we only make it due to the reduced capacity, but hey, we're Bristol City, we take what small morsels of comfort we can find (not sure that'll catch on).

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/650914/Revealed-Can-you-guess-which-fans-top-Championship-attendance-charts-this-season-pictures

Can't see anything, wasit say ?

2 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Ok, so it's a load of rubbish as we only make it due to the reduced capacity, but hey, we're Bristol City, we take what small morsels of comfort we can find (not sure that'll catch on).

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/650914/Revealed-Can-you-guess-which-fans-top-Championship-attendance-charts-this-season-pictures

Well, in fairness...we can't do anymore than sell all the tickets the club make available. Even if that is restricted due to only having 3 sides. 

Cardiff have got 4 sides to their Lego stadium, plus recent Premiership football along with a competitive side this season, and they have lower average attendances than us.

To the best of my knowledge, Cardiff do not have a Lego stadium ... it is the same bland all seater as Ashton Gate and all other clubs at this level.  The relevance of recent Premiership football is irrelevant.  We were there is a former guise once.  And promotion / relegation tussles always generate crowds so a competitive side versus a relegation side is no different.  The issues at Cardiff are more complex and not entirely unassociated with a Chairman wanting to change the club's colours and having no empathy with history and tradition.  That is what has destroyed the support over in South Wales.  

1 hour ago, swampy said:

To the best of my knowledge, Cardiff do not have a Lego stadium ... it is the same bland all seater as Ashton Gate and all other clubs at this level.  The relevance of recent Premiership football is irrelevant.  We were there is a former guise once.  And promotion / relegation tussles always generate crowds so a competitive side versus a relegation side is no different.  The issues at Cardiff are more complex and not entirely unassociated with a Chairman wanting to change the club's colours and having no empathy with history and tradition.  That is what has destroyed the support over in South Wales.  

I disagree. Success on the pitch usually creates bigger crowds than a season where the team you support are battling at the wrong end of the table. Cardiff were happy enough the last time they were pushing for a spot in the Premiership with their nice red shirts. The recent Premiership football is relevant as they undoubtedly would've benefited from attracting new fans in the South Wales area because of this, those new fans have now disappeared and they're left with smaller crowds than us despite having more to cheer on the pitch. Not sure how you can compare us with Cardiff in the respect of top flight football when we were last there over 30 years ago (former guise? You mean Bristol City FC like we are now?).

The stadium is not actually built from Lego, it looks a bit like it is from the outside in places...maybe that's what I was suggesting, eh? Most people probably wouldn't struggle with this, sorry I confused you.... 

11 hours ago, swampy said:

Their support was fine, full house, when they got to the top, funnily enough! Now it has dropped by a half now they are not in the Prem, and they have resorted to admitting up to 2000 schoolkids free per home game to keep crowds above 12k. So, when they were in the Prem, the support didn't look to be "destroyed." Now they are merely chasing a play off place in the Championship, their support is "destroyed"? 

Cardiff have "form" or "previous" for abysmal support and abandoning their team long, long before foreign owners and soulless bowls in English football.

10 minutes ago, swampy said:

Our lowest league crowd was 3,041 against Torquay on 28th September 1982

Just seen we had 2,696 against Millwall 12th May 1982

You were right with the Torquay stat. The Millwall figure was just the number of arrests.

On 10 March 2016 at 01:04, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I disagree. Success on the pitch usually creates bigger crowds than a season where the team you support are battling at the wrong end of the table. Cardiff were happy enough the last time they were pushing for a spot in the Premiership with their nice red shirts. The recent Premiership football is relevant as they undoubtedly would've benefited from attracting new fans in the South Wales area because of this, those new fans have now disappeared and they're left with smaller crowds than us despite having more to cheer on the pitch. Not sure how you can compare us with Cardiff in the respect of top flight football when we were last there over 30 years ago (former guise? You mean Bristol City FC like we are now?).

The stadium is not actually built from Lego, it looks a bit like it is from the outside in places...maybe that's what I was suggesting, eh? Most people probably wouldn't struggle with this, sorry I confused you.... 

When you drive past their stadium a whole side of it is covered top to bottom with a kind of corrugated plastic. It looks very cheap.

1 hour ago, swampy said:

Our lowest league crowd was 3,041 against Torquay on 28th September 1982

Just seen we had 2,696 against Millwall 12th May 1982

You want to bear in mind (cough) who was counting the crowd back then, and counting the pennies...

Archived