IGNORED

The Best Album of the 70's is ....

KURTZ

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Hmm... Well I liked the Ramones, Buzzcocks, The Who, Queen, Niel Diamond, Blondie but it's got to be

Tublar Bells Mike Oldfield  

Good choices with the exception of the Ramones, who were one of the most overrated bands ever. For me, Blue Oyster Cult's Agents Of Fortune had to be up there. Absolute classic

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Good choices with the exception of the Ramones, who were one of the most overrated bands ever. For me, Blue Oyster Cult's Agents Of Fortune had to be up there. Absolute classic

Agree with you about the Ramones. Very popular, but I never could understand why.

Ahh, the 70's ... What a great era that was ... We were so spoiled then as demonstrated by the range of great suggestions already put forward (and there's plenty more where they came from)

Where did it all go wrong? ...those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end, pre Cowell.....'Gangsta's' etc .....and Kanya West! ffs.

If we could do it all again, tell me would we?... (too f'ing right we would!!!) 

7 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Ahh, the 70's ... What a great era that was ... We were so spoiled then as demonstrated by the range of great suggestions already put forward (and there's plenty more where they came from)

Where did it all go wrong? ...those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end, pre Cowell.....'Gangsta's' etc .....and Kanya West! ffs.

If we could do it all again, tell me would we?... (too f'ing right we would!!!) 

All this and...top flight football at the Gate!

14 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

This might help nudge a few memories and may make your choice not quite as easy or obvious as you first thought.... there's quite a choice out there....

http://m.pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/5932-top-100-albums-of-the-1970s/

Some cracking stuff there, but none of it compares with Dark Side of the Moon. Still puts a shiver up my spine...

Archived