IGNORED

The Best Album of the 70's is ....

KURTZ

13 hours ago, jackofromrugby said:

Was having a mid day cider or two with my mate and some random old bloke in the Falcon, Wotton under Edge in the 70's.  Sparks came into the bar (they were staying there) and we 'educated' them before they did the Victoria Rooms that evening.  After a few cloudy ones, Ron got on the piano like an old Cockney.  One of their session lads played spoons and me and my mate just blew bottle necks.   Class afternoon, Ron and Russ wouldn't let us buy a drink!  So................. apologies to anyone who went to the gig and thought the band seemed out of sorts that night.                                                 :drunk2:  :violin:  :trumpet:   :dancing6:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

70's album for me has to be Changesonebowie.  Love you all xx

Nice story, Great Album, years ahead of its time,

On 22 avril 2016 at 22:25, jackofromrugby said:

Was having a mid day cider or two with my mate and some random old bloke in the Falcon, Wotton under Edge in the 70's.  Sparks came into the bar (they were staying there) and we 'educated' them before they did the Victoria Rooms that evening.  After a few cloudy ones, Ron got on the piano like an old Cockney.  One of their session lads played spoons and me and my mate just blew bottle necks.   Class afternoon, Ron and Russ wouldn't let us buy a drink!  So................. apologies to anyone who went to the gig and thought the band seemed out of sorts that night.                                                 :drunk2:  :violin:  :trumpet:   :dancing6:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

70's album for me has to be Changesonebowie.  Love you all xx

Sparks Propaganda is one of my faves.

Interesting thread, the 70 would see my love of music start as I went to secondary school. 

70s started with Slade, so first album I got , Slayed

then our English teacher introduced me to Floyd and Dark side of the moon.

Discovered Genesis , still love The lamb lies down.

Then punk,Give 'em enough rope , No more hero's

On to a great love, All Mod cons. Might have to check my vinyl for reminders

30 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

http://topofthepopslps.weebly.com/about-the-albums.html

Remember these? :) ....  (prior to K-Tel & Arcade artiste compilations)

Hehe.

"Not by the original artists" - no kidding! I twigged that after I heard a version of Kraftwerk's The Model played on a Hammond organ by a man with a broad Yorkshire accent on a TOTP album.

One of the podcasts I listen to is the Danny Baker Saturday morning R5 show.  Caught one from a couple of weeks back when David Hepworth was being interviewed, and the topic discussed was the premise that 1971 was the greatest year for albums.

Various of the ones already mentioned above fall into this year:  Carole King and Marvin Gaye to name 2 I threw in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_in_music

http://whatsheonaboutnow.blogspot.com/2012/09/1971-was-annus-mirabilis-of-rock-album.html

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hehe.

"Not by the original artists" - no kidding! I twigged that after I heard a version of Kraftwerk's The Model played on a Hammond organ by a man with a broad Yorkshire accent on a TOTP album.

She's a model and she look reet tidy.

Archived